Pictures Wanted: Exhaust Pipe with PTO and Skid Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LakeLaurashawn

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.lakelaurashawn.net
Good Afternoon -

My May-72 FJ40 did not originally come with an OEM Power Take Off Winch assembly. I have since purchase the PTO, Winch and associated drive shaft components. Reviewing the front exhaust pipe path, skid plate and available space it appears as though it will not fit or that a modification needs to take place. The OEM front pipe does not appear to have a version specific when a PTO is being used - so it must work....

I am looking for pictures to confirm routing as I embark on the remove and replace process of the exhaust system at the same time I will install the PTO and associated drive shaft components.

Everyone on the site loves pictures, please post 'em up!

Thanks in Advance
Lake

I know that it will all fit but I don't have a pic right now. I just removed a 3-speed w/PTO and installed a 4-speed w/PTO and the exhaust is the same. It is tight but is all in and skid plate should go in okay once I get it cleaned up and installed I`ll take a pic.
JP

I just consulted My Microfiche ,

there is NO Optional PTO Exhaust pipes , Front pipe , Muffler or Tail pipe sections on any 1969-12/74 FJ40 F engine , J-30 trans usa spec

PTO winch image 1 - Copy - Copy - Copy.png

:D

My '76 PTO winch fit on my '78 FJ40 with the stock down pipe. After the down pipe, the exhaust doesn't matter that much, unless it's routed in a particularly weird way that runs into the PTO gear box or driveshaft.

I know that it will all fit but I don't have a pic right now. I just removed a 3-speed w/PTO and installed a 4-speed w/PTO and the exhaust is the same. It is tight but is all in and skid plate should go in okay once I get it cleaned up and installed I`ll take a pic.
JP

If your exhaust is run above the skid plate it is not OEM for a 72 FJ40. It ran below the skid plate and did not interfere with the PTO or PTO driveshaft.

If your exhaust is run above the skid plate it is not OEM for a 72 FJ40. It ran below the skid plate and did not interfere with the PTO or PTO driveshaft.
You are correct that my exhaust is NOT OEM. I had a shop run the exhaust about 25 years ago and they kept it above the skid plate and mine is a 69 fj40 also.
JP

I don't have the skid plate on but here is a pic of the exhaust and pto.
JP

IMG_3271.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom