Picture of rollbar hoop flange mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
OEM "rollbar" hoop: there is a flange at the bottom where it bolts to the body, would anyone have a pic or a reference to pic so I can remember what the junction looks like?

thxm,

Although this rollbar is not exactly OEM, it looks just like it.

I've got more pics of my rollbar on my computer at work that I can add tomorrow.

Is this what you're looking for?
Roll bar mount.jpg

Thanks guys, this helps a lot, gotta go find three hoops.

Quick question, do most folks re-enforce the underside of the body under these mounts?

I'm pretty sure most have at least a square steel plate the same size as the base pictured. Or you can get short sections of tube to tie into the frame.

Most people on this forum would suggest that the OEM 'rollbar' is not stout enough to protect much at all. Metaltech (metaltech4x4.com) makes OEM reproductions that are thicker but look nearly identical and are not too expensive.

Good luck.

Aye, keeping it as stock as possible, and need 3 hoops that go the length of the Troopy and need seat belt attachments. I'll have to check with Metaltech to see if there's anything new.

A roll bar or cage is only as good as the Metal that attaches it to the frame.. and on most of our rigs we are dealing with Thin & Rusty Sheet metal.. We always suggest tieing the Cage to the Frame with a piece of tube plated at the frame and cage

My question then though on a flexing bed is exactly that, how much lack of flex, by tying in the bed and body into the frame, will compromise the the body?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom