Pics of aftermarket real wood trim kits. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I'm looking for pictures of aftermarket wood trim kits for my '99 LC. I know a lot of people just remove them but I actually like the wood. My faux wood has delaminated and I'm in the market to replace it. If you can post your trim kit in your vehicle and where you purchased it I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

I have never seen a real wood trim kit for LC. LX470 (the Lexus version) came with real wood interior bits, perhaps you can find a truck being parted out and swap out the interior parts into yours?

I have never seen a real wood trim kit for LC. LX470 (the Lexus version) came with real wood interior bits, perhaps you can find a truck being parted out and swap out the interior parts into yours?
There are a few real wood trim kits from companies like WOW Trim and Wood Dash. I was just wondering how they look in the vehicle because it's hard to tell how they will look on their sites. I've ordered samples from both companies and will post pics once I get them.

Curious to see you samples. I found a cheap set on Ebay. I only need a few parts to finish my 1997 40th so I am hoping I picked the right color. I made an offer for a 20% discount and was surprised to see them take it. I hope I get lucky with the match.

I have a 2002 with wood. It is a gray interior and the wood is a dark cherry finish. It looks pretty classy but I have considered removing it or even going with a dark carbon fiber.

Pics of both? I have a '93 and '07 with grey interiors, was thinking about the ebony zebra wood or dark burl wood for both vehicles from Wow trim.
Curious to see you samples. I found a cheap set on Ebay. I only need a few parts to finish my 1997 40th so I am hoping I picked the right color. I made an offer for a 20% discount and was surprised to see them take it. I hope I get lucky with the match.

I have a 2002 with wood. It is a gray interior and the wood is a dark cherry finish. It looks pretty classy but I have considered removing it or even going with a dark carbon fiber.

Pics of both? I have a '93 and '07 with grey interiors, was thinking about the ebony zebra wood or dark burl wood for both vehicles from Wow trim.
I am working on my 97 with tan/brown two tone interior so I ordered the Newport burl. I think that dark gray/black wood option might look great on a gray interior.

Shot of my 2002 with cherry / burgundy style wood kit from OEM.

E8919EBA-92F3-43FA-BBCB-2AA7C63CB304.jpeg

Got my samples today. The three samples are Real Walnut Burl, Real Birdseye Maple(espresso), and Real Rosewood from wooddash.com. The 4 samples are real dark mohagonany, real medium burl wood, real Rosewood and real Walnut burlwood from wowtrim.com. I noticed that both shipped from the same address in San Diego, so they are probably coming from the same manufacturer. Communication between the 2 retailers was awful. I'll post more pics of them in the LC when the sun is out.

20210304_192930.jpg

20210304_192837.jpg

I ordered the cheapest set I could from eBay for $130 just to try them. They are not real wood but match my 1997 interior perfectly. Exact same shade. I think I am going to run with it since I can replace only the faded parts. "wowmystore" on the bay sold me the "newport burl" kit for $130. I plan to install them this weekend even though I have to say the plain black vents look great on my oak interior 40th.

I usually like to buy high quality replacement parts for my builds but in this case I think the OEM parts were at the bottom of the quality scale and replacing an OEM dash with a higher quality part could stand out due to its thickness and general higher quality.

RKT

Last edited:
Here's some shots in the LC in the sun. They're hard to see because the clear coat is super glossy. I think the Real Birdseye maple (espresso) is the closest to stock.

20210305_110622.jpg

20210305_110633.jpg

20210305_110711.jpg

20210305_110732.jpg

20210305_110742.jpg

@Atascruiser thanks for starting this thread and attaching so many pictures. Thanks to you, I was quickly able to choose which company and finish to go with (wooddash.com, Natural Birdseye (SNB)). The price-point for faux wood was more palatable ($150 for small kit w/ shipping v. ~$200 for real wood). Hopefully it doesn't look cheapo, but the factory bits were fake anyhow. Just need it to look better than it does right now. I'll post some pictures when I get the stuff stuck on. Thanks again.

👌That looks real nice. I hope I don't regret my selection of faux Natural Birdseye. Any tips or particular headaches encountered during installation?

I had to get some upholstery work done on the cruiser so he offered to install it. But I have installed the wood dash for a different vehicle myself and the key is just to go slow. Usually the hardest and most painful part is getting the glue behind the old wood trim off. I used a scraper for that part, but there might be some gentler way to do it to hopefully not scratch up the surrounding material. I think some people heat up the glue with a heat gun or hair drier to loosen it up first. However, be careful not to melt the normal plastic equipment on the truck. Also the glue on the back of the new trim is very sticky so make sure you know exactly how you want the trim to be placed because it’s hard to remove after placing without breaking the new trim. Regardless, wood dash is very high quality and all their products are excellent. I think you’ll be very happy with what you picked as well. I picked faux wood for my other vehicle and was pleased with the result. Let us know how it turns out when you get it done!

Last edited:
View attachment 2758580
I used wood dash.com and this is “real walnut burl”.
This looks great and very close to my original color/style... I think I will pick up this same exact set.

ONE QUESTION: What is done about the stenciling around the vent controls? It looks like there may be small cutouts on this kit to allow the markings to show through as opposed to having the symbols stenciled directly onto the wood?

Thanks!

-G

Last edited:
Yes, the console vent controls have cutouts. I’ll have to check when I get the chance, but I don’t think the other vent controls have cutouts (like passenger/diver vents). You’ll just have to guess what’s open or closed for those haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom