LX470 Interior Wood Grain Colors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering replacing all of the parts in my 2000 LC that came with the fake wood grain with the equivalent LX470 parts with real wood grain. I have a couple of questions about the install.

1. Did the wood grain colors change year to year with the LX? For instance, I need a pre-2002 center dash insert because I have the non-navigation dash in my LC but I would prefer a 2003 or later center console insert because I like the aluminum more than the black.

2. Are there any concerns with fitment, such as on door switches or the like? If I can't upgrade everything I will probably upgrade nothing. But I would love to have the real wood grain trim.

3. Has anyone done this and documented the process?

A few thoughts: Lexus real wood fades and changes color with UV exposure. It would be best to get it all from the same vehicle. I think it will be expensive, based on what I see. You may find cracks the clear varnish on the wood pieces and that comes with the territory.

A few thoughts: Lexus real wood fades and changes color with UV exposure. It would be best to get it all from the same vehicle. I think it will be expensive, based on what I see. You may find cracks the clear varnish on the wood pieces and that comes with the territory.
Thanks for this. I managed to find a center dash and center console piece from the same car! No cracking on the varnish.

I originally ordered a center dash from the UAE that arrived broken but they refunded it and let me keep it so I will be using it as a trial run to see if I can actually sand and restain it. Good news is that it used the same plugs and the buttons all worked when I plugged it in.

IMG_9788.jpeg

Just remove fake wood grain and call it a day.
That's my last option. That's what I did in my 1999 and it looked good enough, but I like the idea and sanding this down and putting a darker stain on it if possible. I will report back!

The good news is that the LX radio bezel is a direct replacement for the Toyota radio bezel. The LX radio is slightly bigger so I have a gap around my radio. The radio doesn't work though so it was going to get replaced anyway with a new head unit.
Old
IMG_9732.jpeg

New
IMG_9863.JPEG

The good news is that the LX radio bezel is a direct replacement for the Toyota radio bezel. The LX radio is slightly bigger so I have a gap around my radio. The radio doesn't work though so it was going to get replaced anyway with a new head unit.
Old
View attachment 3591927
New
View attachment 3591928

All the bottom buttons/controls for the AC were plug and play? No issues with that swap?

EDIT: I saw your comment above. Cool it all worked and plugged right up.

All the bottom buttons/controls for the AC were plug and play? No issues with that swap?

EDIT: I saw your comment above. Cool it all worked and plugged right up.
Yeah, there are four plugs on the bottom of the unit that are the same between the LX and LC. All of the buttons worked perfectly.

I originally ordered a center dash from the UAE that arrived broken but they refunded it and let me keep it so I will be using it as a trial run to see if I can actually sand and restain it.
I've never considered trying to refinish the wood. I'd be too scared to do it.... unless it was already a lost cause.....

I've never considered trying to refinish the wood. I'd be too scared to do it.... unless it was already a lost cause.....

I have a broken center dash that I’m working on to see if it’s even possible. I’ll keep the thread updated.

I was able to get the center console from the same LX and they match up perfectly. I didn't have time to swap out the shifter, but that's next.

IMG_9874.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom