Pick's 'build' thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Handed it to the DMV lady and she looks over it for a few minutes and says my name on the Bond isn't the same as my Driver's License: my middle name was missing.
I was once held up at US customs arrival because the woman who hand typed my name onto my departing ticket didn't put a space between my first and middle name. Strangely, now when I buy a ticket to anywhere it always says "firstmiddle last".

Success!! It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The insurance agent was able to email the rider so it was just a 2nd trip to the DMV and wait in line. All my paperwork was accepted and I should get the physical title in 3-4 months.

Plans are to install a new battery and oil change, then tackle the lift kit and new wheels/tires over Memorial Day weekend.

Awesome Marketplace score today... manual/cloth 80-series seats. I've been searching for these forever, wish they were brown but I'll take it!
I have a lift kit, 35's on stock wheels and now seats... just need some time to install them all. Hopefully house repairs will wrap up soon.

20230729_123202.jpg

#manualseatsrock

A 40-series is my dream but that's likely out of the cards for the foreseeable future. In the meantime, I'm excited to learn and wrench on a 60. 1983 with 201k, definitely some rust but this is for exploring the woods so it was a perfect fit for me.

I plan on cutting the rust out of the rockers, fenders and underneath to fit some bigger tires... WIN-WIN!! I need a few parts to get the A/C going, will start trying to source thise as well.

Dragging another project home 🤣
20230808_171615.jpg

Success!! It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The insurance agent was able to email the rider so it was just a 2nd trip to the DMV and wait in line. All my paperwork was accepted and I should get the physical title in 3-4 months.

Plans are to install a new battery and oil change, then tackle the lift kit and new wheels/tires over Memorial Day weekend.
3 month and a few days... finally have the title to the 80 in-hand!! I have 4 vehicles now and told my wife I'd sell one this summer. The '17 F350 dually tows our camper so its staying. I bought the Taco to commute with but only have 8 miles to work. I had originally planned to sell the 80 and keep the Taco and 60 but am thinking about keeping the 60 & 80 and getting rid of the Taco. Need to decide something soon, the yard is starting to look like a car lot :rofl:

80 title.jpg

Keep them all. They are only increasing in value. Get a motorcycle to commute.

I promise, Landcruiser updates are next... the Taco needed tires so I found some cheap 4runner wheels and went with the Ling Longs in 265/75/16. The 17 wheels are for sale if anyone is interested.
I bought some used 3rd gen struts/shocks which are supposed to add 1/2" to the front of the 2nd gens. I threw a lean spacer on each side to get total 1" and put 1" blocks in the rear. Turned out pretty good. I always work in the driveway but had a family member who works at a dealership where the service center is closed on the weekend and we did the work there. Lifts are SO much nicer!!

Before:
20240217_092211.jpg

After:
20240217_120213.jpg

Looking for someone who can do a SOA on the 60... hope to do that this summer

I love the Taco... so much fun to drive. And it's the only vehicle I have that gets over 20mpg (although the Linglongs probably impacted that)
It's amazingly roomy for a small truck regular cab. I lost a fraction when I replaced the bench with bucket seats but it was so worth it from a comfort perspective.
It took me a few weekends to do the work so I commuted in Pearl. Other than the tough cold start, it's a blast to drive too... I only have 6-7 miles to work so it's not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom