Phone mount solution: CAD-designed plate between vents for RAM holders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright folks, the mounting brackets are now officially available for the introductory price of $42 shipped and Paypal'd. Payment can be sent to anothernord@gmail.com

The brackets are laser-cut, CNC bent, and clear zinc plated for corrosion protection and screws/ are included. The comparable mount, made by Pro-clip is $29.99, + shipping is made of plastic, and covers up your center vent. Installation of my bracket is easy and only requires minor trimming of the inner dash (covered up when the vent trim is installed). More detailed installation instructions to follow.

EDIT: see below for my current recommended device holder/method
For now, if you purchase my mount, you'll need to buy Bracketron P/N PHV-202-BL (holder) and COM-102-PB (base plate) to complete the setup. I will hopefully lock down a source for both of these soon to include everything as a kit

Last edited:
Update - I wasn't 100% happy with the Bracketron mount, so I found a solution to use the much more popular and versitile RAM mounts. This setup will allow any of their device holders with the 1" ball to attach to the bracket. I like this setup since the device is still tucked close to the dash, but lets you adjust the mount to the perfect angle.

Last edited:
did i miss it, or how does this install? somehow removing both vents without destroying them in the process? i haven't fiddled w/ that part of the dash yet so i'm not sure how it comes apart.

i'm currently using a RAM x-mount off the cubby hole location but want my phone right where this puts it. i've been holding off on gluing anything to the dash over the fear it may not come off cleanly and leave a "residue".

did i miss it, or how does this install? somehow removing both vents without destroying them in the process? i haven't fiddled w/ that part of the dash yet so i'm not sure how it comes apart.

i'm currently using a RAM x-mount off the cubby hole location but want my phone right where this puts it. i've been holding off on gluing anything to the dash over the fear it may not come off cleanly and leave a "residue".

Forgot to add those photos above - you remove the center vent piece (not too difficult with the right plastic prying tools), then install self-tapping screws as shown after some minor trimming with a file.

Option 1 is to use double-sided tape behind the tab attaching to the gauge cluster surround (not shown)
Option 2 is to use the long self-tapping screws to attach the mount. I consider that the phone mount is permanent so I didn't mind drilling holes there.

Option 2: (can use 1 or 2 screws here depending on how heavy your device is and how many holes you are ok with creating)

Still have a bunch of these to get rid of! PM if interested. $42 shipped for just the bracket or $52 with the female socket adapter pictured above.

Last edited:
Bump - These will make great stocking stuffers.
Looks like your PM inbox is full. I am interested in purchasing a mount bracket with socket adapter.

Just installed it and couldn’t be happier.

A few notes about install:

I broke one corner trying to pry out the center vent. I super glued it back on and you can barely notice it but it was a bummer. Old plastic and all… Make sure to try and pry evenly from both ends.

I ended up removing a bit of material from the vent/clock bezel as well to make it fit a little easier. That’s just what I did but you may not have to.

@anothernord Have you ever thought of making another bracket that runs along the top of the bezel to attach a camera monitor? I’d buy one of those in a heartbeat.

Just installed it and couldn’t be happier.

A few notes about install:

I broke one corner trying to pry out the center vent. I super glued it back on and you can barely notice it but it was a bummer. Old plastic and all… Make sure to try and pry evenly from both ends.

I ended up removing a bit of material from the vent/clock bezel as well to make it fit a little easier. That’s just what I did but you may not have to.

@anothernord Have you ever thought of making another bracket that runs along the top of the bezel to attach a camera monitor? I’d buy one of those in a heartbeat.
I'll look into something for the top of the vent bezel, thanks for the idea.

It may be mentioned but it's helpful to get the vent assembly off without breaking it using these plastic trim tools and patience. It's also helpful to warm up the plastic with a heat gun on a low setting to make it less brittle.

Trim And Molding Tool Set, 5-Piece - https://www.harborfreight.com/trim-and-molding-tool-set-5-piece-64126.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNTUyMjg5MDQiLCJza3UiOiI2NDEyNiIsImlzIjoiNC45OSJ9&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=20811821465&campaignid=20811821465&utm_content=154719280783&adsetid=154719280783&product=64126&store=62&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuNCx-ZiFgwMV48_CBB2ZbQd9EAQYASABEgJBAfD_BwE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom