PHOENIX 10.4" METAL TRIM VERTICAL SCREEN 900 dollar gamble. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Latest upgrade for the GX was the verticle screen install. it has android 10.0 and apple car play.

Unit is very nice and durable feeling. wires and plugs connect very easily. However the instructions and videos are for older units not this newest one. A few factory plugs are not used again. and they send you extra plugs you dont use also.

Had some frustrations with a bad ground. not the fault of phoenix unit. It was a ground bolt inside dash that needed to be tighter. Spent a few hours on the phone with their tech support.
Tech support took 4 of their engineers to help me figure it out. I could hear chickens and dogs and donkeys in the background.

Issues I am currently having.... Volume needs to be set to 80 percent on the factory unit before you unplug.
turning the key on and off lowers the max volume every single time and now the volume is mute. will have to call tech support again.
The AC functions work great except at max blower the screen reads 3/4 fan speed.
All the steering wheel buttons work great.

I would recommend waiting until all the flaws are fixed and better instructions for the install before buying this unit.

View attachment 2563415

View attachment 2563416

View attachment 2563417

View attachment 2563418
Hi — just found your post after frantically searching for a clue on why ONE factory cable from my land cruiser Prado 120 doesn't seem to have a corresponding port to be plugged in on the latest Phoenix unit.

Any chance it's this?
AE084427-9E46-44F8-A220-8E9AE69E7C2D.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

I just got my 13.6 head unit from aliexpress yesterday and unfortunately and my worse fear come true..the knob was broken. Seller has been very responsive and i sent it back for refund today (crossing my fingers all goes well and i get my $$ back). It was android 10, px6 unit and was looking forward to trying it out and post my reviews here.

I just got my 13.6 head unit from aliexpress yesterday and unfortunately and my worse fear come true..the knob was broken. Seller has been very responsive and i sent it back for refund today (crossing my fingers all goes well and i get my $$ back). It was android 10, px6 unit and was looking forward to trying it out and post my reviews here.
Let us know how it goes with the replacement if you get one!

@pearlgx Now that you've had it installed for awhile, how do you like the metal trim 10.4"? Is it a big difference from the Px6 10.4 with yours being "octa-core" and having the android 10 platform vs android 9? Did you end up getting the firmware from shivadest? Trying to determine which 10.4" I should get. The metal trim is still close to $300 more then the old 10.4. I've ruled out the 13" due to less support and reviews.
I have had it installed for a while now. Still cant figure out how to change certain settings. looks like there is a guy that makes new firmware for it. i may give that a try. The don't sell this unit anymore maybe since it has a lot of issues. my volume still messes up from time to time and gets stuck in one volume level. it fixes itself after sitting a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom