Performance Products 1" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How's it going everyone? First post here. I bought a 97 FZJ80 last Sept. and am looking for an altitude adjustment and some 285s most likely. Also am going to get an ARB bumper and aux. lights.

I checked the search but no one seems to have the Performance Products 1" lift springs. Does anyone have an opinion on these? I thought a 1" lift would be OK for 285s.

Is there a better way to get an inch...or just go with the OMEs for 2" and be done with it.

BTW...I don't plan any serious off-roading other than occasional logging trails in SE Ohio. It's my DD. I'm looking for an old CJ for the woods.

Thanks. :cheers:

there is no way i would only do an inch lift....

much value with the OME.

A one inch lift seems a waste of money. The 285s will fit the stock setup. I'd strap them on first and see how you like the truck. Then after decide if that extra 1" will be worth it. If you were to do something like that you might be better off to go OME. They have a spring for a low lift truck but in a stiffer rate to handle the ARB.

Go for OME because you will do some more mods and your rig will become heavy. OME is the right way.

Mike

I know that OME has no lift, or may be something like 20mm lift, which would be close to 1". Not sure as I went to the reg OME lift then to J's + packers.

The OME setup does provide for a nice firm, but not too firm ride. Just make sure you get the setup that is right for what you want. Best way to do that is to call Slee Offroad, talk to Ben, Christo or Robbie, and they will get a you a good deal and make sure you get what you want.

That was easy. It's Slee and OME for me. You guys are right about a 1" lift being a waste. Why bother.

I didn't realize how much a simple question and a couple of opinions help clarify my thought process!

Thanks again. :)

actually for some the 1" lift would be fine. Keeping the truck as short as possible to still fit the tires is always a good thing. :slap: :D

wonder what shortbus will be doing.... got a new gif just for you shortbus
10_2_14.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom