Parking Brake Pads/adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1980 FJ-40 has the Parking Brake mounted on the back side of the T-case, inbetween the t-case and rear drive shaft. I'm replace the pads/shoes along with the T-case boot behind the brake. I have the service manuals and know how to take it apart and put it back together. My concern is being able to adjust it properly, so it applies pressure when I need it and not locking up when I don't,

Any pointers on setting this up correctly the first time so I'm not taking it all apart mutiple times?

Thanks for any input in doing this job.

Back-off the adjuster at the the pull handle, turn the 10mm headed adjuster @ the back of the baking plate counterclockwise till a slight drag is felt on the rotating drum then fine tune it at the pull handle adjuster..........

Hi All:

X2 what "Grant" wrote!

In proper adjustment (and with non-oil soaked brake pads) the t-case mounted parking brake works well.

Regards,

Alan

Back-off the adjuster at the the pull handle, turn the 10mm headed adjuster @ the back of the baking plate counterclockwise till a slight drag is felt on the rotating drum then fine tune it at the pull handle adjuster..........

Hi All:

X2 what "Grant" wrote!

In proper adjustment (and with non-oil soaked brake pads) the t-case mounted parking brake works well.

Regards,

Alan

Thanks guys. I had no idea where to go once the parts were installed. I feel like the MUD prostitute sometimes with all the info I take from this forum. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom