Painted underbelly (lip?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Following advice of fellow mudder (Manhattan), i painted lower lip on the car flat black.

I am attaching pictures in case it will help somebody who is on the fence. There is obviously different lighting in the pictures, which prevents clear understanding of result, but i like it.

photo 1.jpg

photo 4.JPG

That looks a lot better! I think that is a must-do on the lighter colored cars if you won't be getting sliders.

Looks good. I've thought about doing that on mine after pulling off the running boards.

BTW, have you considered OEM front mud flaps? Did mine for about $100. Saves the paint.

I am still thinking to put some steps on it. How did you do flaps for just $100? Any pictures?

Not a great pic, but hopefully you get the idea . . .

If you can find them. I think I read a post here a few weeks back that there may only be a few available.

Check w/ CDan or Beno.

attachment.php

I've got the mud guards as well....here is the parts list....I ended up not needing some of the screws and I'm not even sure I needed the brackets because there was already some there but I ened up using the new ones anyways.

(1) - 7662260060 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard Left
(1) - 7662160070 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard Right
(1) - 7664260020 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard bracket Left
(1) - 7664160020 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard bracket Right
(6) - 9011906779 BOLT, W/WASHER
(2) - 9015960576 SCREW, W/WASHER TAPP
(2) - 9018906211 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, body side mldg clip

Can you get these (front mud flaps) on if you have sliders? We just moved to upstate NY from CO :frown: and I want to do everything I can to keep the salt away from the metal... :doh:

David - looks good. Hides the lip and kinda gives the truck a 1/2" lift ;)

On the flaps, I wanted to keep them, but thought they were a bit long. So, out came the Sharpie and razor...

It really depends on the sliders/steps.

Check out Google Image search for front mud flaps for some pics of flaps with sliders.

I've got the mud guards as well....here is the parts list....I ended up not needing some of the screws and I'm not even sure I needed the brackets because there was already some there but I ened up using the new ones anyways.

(1) - 7662260060 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard Left
(1) - 7662160070 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard Right
(1) - 7664260020 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard bracket Left
(1) - 7664160020 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, mud guard bracket Right
(6) - 9011906779 BOLT, W/WASHER
(2) - 9015960576 SCREW, W/WASHER TAPP
(2) - 9018906211 body hardware, fender, exterior trim, body side mldg clip

Big list. Thank you.
What is the total? I am not enamored with mud flaps look, does it really helps to save paint?

does it really helps to save paint?

That's the main purpose of front mud flaps, not just for looks but so little rocks and dirt and mud don't fling up onto the body and scuff the paint. So yes, it actually will help save your paint. The running boards originally acted as mud flaps, and sliders do as well, but if you plan on not running either and care about your paint then mud flaps are a good idea to think about.

Can you get these (front mud flaps) on if you have sliders? We just moved to upstate NY from CO :frown: and I want to do everything I can to keep the salt away from the metal... :doh:

I cut the flaps so the sliders went through them.
Took me awhile,did not want a big hole showing.......

flap 1.JPG

flap 2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom