Paint Shop recommendation, please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I totally get it....I do....I like to do most things DIY personally...

are you saying above that YOU were looking for a 10' paint job, or just talking to OP? I haven't seen it in person, and was just wondering. I thought you were going got all-out $.....

I need to bring you this pressure washer and have a look....you home with time soon?

No, not going all out $$. Just middle of the road $$. Painting was easy, the prep is what is the huge PITA. Also finishing the paint is a PITA. I sprayed down my clearcoat, and once it is fully cured, I'll get Robinson Auto Detail to wet sand and polish for me. (Already talked to him about it). My paint isnt perfect by any means, but it looks pretty damn good for someone who never tried this kind of painting before.

If I can do it, then there's no reason that the OP can't. Again, people continue to overlook the fact that the OP said he wanted a 10' paint job. Dust particles in the air aren't going to do s*** from 10 feet away. Hell, paint runs can't even be seen from 10' away. And if you screw up and get a run, let it dry, wet sand it, and shoot that spot again.

If the op wanted a nice show room paint, I'd tell him to take it to a professional with years of experience, but for what he wants, and what it sounds like he's willing (or not) to spend, doing it himself is very doable.

Bring the pressure washer by and a six pack; I'll fix it while you share one with me, as long as you leave the other four here.

First post ever. My apologies if this is not posted in the correct place. I have a '91 FJ80 with zero rust and just a little bit of original paint. I live in the Brandon/Flowood, MS area. Could someone recommend a paint shop that can do a decent job at a fair price? Took the Cruiser to a well known body shop in the area and was quoted $5,000+ to paint the upper 2/3rds of the vehicle. Not willing to pay that much. It's two tone - paint code 26P (181+183). Thanks in advance for any suggestions you could pass along.
No, not going all out $$. Just middle of the road $$. Painting was easy, the prep is what is the huge PITA. Also finishing the paint is a PITA. I sprayed down my clearcoat, and once it is fully cured, I'll get Robinson Auto Detail to wet sand and polish for me. (Already talked to him about it). My paint isnt perfect by any means, but it looks pretty damn good for someone who never tried this kind of painting before.

If I can do it, then there's no reason that the OP can't. Again, people continue to overlook the fact that the OP said he wanted a 10' paint job. Dust particles in the air aren't going to do s*** from 10 feet away. Hell, paint runs can't even be seen from 10' away. And if you screw up and get a run, let it dry, wet sand it, and shoot that spot again.

If the op wanted a nice show room paint, I'd tell him to take it to a professional with years of experience, but for what he wants, and what it sounds like he's willing (or not) to spend, doing it himself is very doable.

Bring the pressure washer by and a six pack; I'll fix it while you share one with me, as long as you leave the other four here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom