SOLD Pagosa Springs, CO: 1962 Chevy C20, 3/4 Ton Pickup 383 v8, 4 speed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pagosa Springs, Colorado 81147 United States
The Basics:

Clean Colorado Title, Registered as a Collector Vehicle with 5-year plates.

1962 Chevy C20 ¾ Ton Truck 2WD Long bed

Engine: 283 V8, even compression across the board.

Transmission: 4-speed with a Granny Low, 4th gear grinds. (I haven't investigated it.)

Mileage: 76,242

New: Tires, Seat, foam, cover, springs, side mirror, rear view. I have new seat belts, window tracks, vent window gaskets, fender vent gaskets, door seals, and more!

My Plan: I was going to weld in new rockers, and cab corners and spray some lizard skin on the inside to help with the sound. I was going to swap in an LS with a 4L80. I wanted it to look like a Patina Grandpa truck on the outside, but with a modern drivetrain so that I could cruise it all over.

I bought it from an old man in Conifer, CO. He bought it from his neighbor who was in her late 80s. Her husband passed while he was restoring it. So there are sand marks, small amounts of bondo, and primer where he started this process. It sat since 1993. Giving it a cool patina. I really like it. We swapped all the fluid and, a new battery, and made sure everything was turning and it fired right up. Pissed off on the time it lost. It's running strong. I didn't mind its state because I was going to pull it. But after driving it around I really like its OEM form.

Located in Pagosa Springs, CO 81147

$5000 obo, please no trades.

DSC09580.jpg

Now for the nostalgia write up… (Yeah I had fun)

Rediscover the Past with the 1962 Chevy C20: Timeless Beauty and Rugged Reliability

Are you ready to take a journey back in time? Step into the past and experience the thrill of the open road with the iconic 1962 Chevy C20 3/4 Ton Truck. This classic beauty is not just a vehicle; it's a piece of history that will reignite your nostalgia and transport you to a simpler, more authentic era.

Timeless Design:

The 1962 Chevy C20 boasts a design that has stood the test of time. Its sleek lines, chrome accents, and signature front grille capture the essence of the early '60s. Slide behind the wheel, and you'll feel like you're in a time capsule, surrounded by the era's charm.

Rugged Reliability:

*Built to last, this 3/4 3/4-ton truck is a testament to Chevy's commitment to durability. Powered by a potent 283 V8 engine, mated to a 4-speed manual transmission with a "granny low" gear, it's more than just a vintage showpiece; it's a workhorse that can handle any task you throw at it. Whether you're hauling cargo or hitting the off-road trails, the 1962 Chevy C20 won't let you down. It has coil suspension all around with a 4-link style trailing arms in the rear (I think it was pretty incredible for its time) This makes it super smooth on and off the road. It handles like a dream on dirt roads.

Mechanical Details:

Everything works for the most part on this truck, and it's ready for your adventures. However, please note that the 4th gear is currently noisy and should be inspected. This provides an opportunity for you to put your personal touch on this classic. I had plans to pull the current drivetrain and swap it with an LS 5.3 and a 4L80 trans to make it more comfortable for longer trips. I have reupholstered the seat with new foam and cover and rebuilt the springs as well.

Character with Patina:

This truck tells a story with its patina. While it has aged gracefully, it's not without its character. There is rust in the normal spots on this truck, notably in the cab corners and rockers. This gives it a rustic charm, a testament to the years it has seen and the journeys it has taken. Of course, you can weld in new sections. LMC metal replacement panels are quite affordable.

Drive Back in Time:

Owning the 1962 Chevy C20 is like owning a piece of Americana. It's a chance to relive the glory days of cruising the open highway, exploring new horizons, and creating memories that last a lifetime. Imagine the stories this truck could tell, and now it's ready to create new adventures with you.

**Don't Wait - Rekindle Your Nostalgia:**

Experience the joy of driving a true classic. The 1962 Chevy C20 is not just a truck; it's a time machine that will transport you to a bygone era. Rediscover the past, make new memories, and be a part of history with this iconic vehicle.
1962, Chevy, Patina, Truck, Farm truck, c20, c10, old man, low miles, manual, blue, Pagosa, long bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom