P1444/P1445 - Secondary Air Injection System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there not enough room to jack up the cab? I. E... Like with lift spacers? Sounds like an extra inch would make all the difference?

Just ordered a Hewitt bypass as I'm getting the shop vac sound on startup after sitting for awhile. No codes or limp mode. 25% off...today is the last day for the sale. Hewitt-Tech SAIS Bypass Kits - Store

Just a note about the PO1444 & PO1445. These are secondary bank 1 (1444) and bank 2 (1445) codes.
These are the switch on rear water by pass joint in VVT engines (may 2005- June 2007 100 series) stuck close. Getting both "may" indicate a problem that requires removing intake manifold, just one code would likely not. As it is possibly to R&R secondary bk 1 or 2 switch from back without (see second picture in OP). If stuck closed a CEL comes on, but no harm. It's more or less a block off at that point. It may be switch, vacuum line, VSV, wires or ECM.

These can also have moisture in them. In that event, it may only stick when OAT below freezing. This may take care of itself in time.

If however stuck open (different code), it does need addressing. This allows gasses to flow back into main switch. Basically an exhaust leak.

Just ordered a Hewitt bypass as I'm getting the shop vac sound on startup after sitting for awhile. No codes or limp mode. 25% off...today is the last day for the sale. Hewitt-Tech SAIS Bypass Kits - Store

Does the bypass kit violate CARB rules in California? If so, what will you do when you need to smog your car?

Not getting notifications from the site so sorry for the slow response.

Does the bypass kit violate CARB rules in California? If so, what will you do when you need to smog your car?
The bypass kits are sold for off road use or exempt use only. Even though the system may have already failed it is against federal emissions and CARB rules to prevent the system from running or otherwise make an emissions system inoperable. What you decide to do with it is however entirely up to you. That being said, as long as you don't have any other issues, CEL, trouble codes etc. and you go through enough drive cycles to set all of your other emissions monitors getting an exempt vehicle to pass smog is not a problem.

So can this Hewitt bypass kit fix a system that's already failed? Like if the valves are stuck open?
Yes, that is pretty much the main purpose of the bypass kit, so you don't have to replace all the compenents of the system to turn of the CEL and get out of limp mode. I do not know where the idea came from that the system has to be operating for the bypass kit to work but I suppose it is from the other knockoffs that don't have a solution for all the trouble codes like we do. Check out this link to our codes page for a better understanding: Hewitt Tech Codes Page - Addons Explanations

Yes, that is pretty much the main purpose of the bypass kit, so you don't have to replace all the compenents of the system to turn of the CEL and get out of limp mode. I do not know where the idea came from that the system has to be operating for the bypass kit to work but I suppose it is from the other knockoffs that don't have a solution for all the trouble codes like we do. Check out this link to our codes page for a better understanding: Hewitt Tech Codes Page - Addons Explanations

For the 2 kits shown, I don't see 2008 GX470 listed in either pop down menu. Is there a reason for that? Thanks

For the 2 kits shown, I don't see 2008 GX470 listed in either pop down menu. Is there a reason for that? Thanks
Not sure which two listings you are looking at but yes, our listings are broken up by coverage.
The 08 GX470 is only going to be found under our Gen-I V54H kits for the 08-12/13 vehicles and our Gen-II-3V kits for most of the 4.7L vehicles is under that listing separate of the normal Gen-II kits. We separate what we call the 3 valve 4.7L vehicles from the Gen-II because on those vehicels all of the secondary air system is located underneath the intake manifold and require 3 soldered connections to the ECM since there is no way to connect to the pressure sensor without removing the intake manifold. If you have any other questions please give us a call Toll Free 1-844-307-7671

Not sure which two listings you are looking at but yes, our listings are broken up by coverage.
The 08 GX470 is only going to be found under our Gen-I V54H kits for the 08-12/13 vehicles and our Gen-II-3V kits for most of the 4.7L vehicles is under that listing separate of the normal Gen-II kits. We separate what we call the 3 valve 4.7L vehicles from the Gen-II because on those vehicels all of the secondary air system is located underneath the intake manifold and require 3 soldered connections to the ECM since there is no way to connect to the pressure sensor without removing the intake manifold. If you have any other questions please give us a call Toll Free 1-844-307-7671
Thanks! I was just looking at one of the links posted earlier.