P0107 & P106A - 2010 Lexus GX460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrTorgue

Grizzly Clint
Threads
Got these codes a couple weeks ago and replaced the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor kPa is reading in the normal range as is the MAF and EVAP during idle and driving conditions. The codes did seem to appear out of no where after I did the breather filter mod for the SAIP. The SAIP itself sounds normal and doesn't seem to be dirty or clogged. I tossed the foam and end cap so I cannot return to normal unless I buy a new kit.

P106A is regarding the canister pressure sensor (vapor pressure pump?) not being within 7kPa of the MAP sensor. I cannot find this canister pressure sensor or the EVAP sensor for that matter anywhere.

What could be the culprit?

AB3617C4-4B95-414F-9D23-A06E91CDE9EB.jpeg

87237260-7A33-4F30-960B-4FB3930B8AC3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: r2m
Are there any performance issues when driving, e.g. limp mode, higher temps?

Are there any performance issues when driving, e.g. limp mode, higher temps?
Nope. Literally everything is normal. I'm stumped.

Update. *knock on wood* After reseating the intake hose and clamp then clearing the codes they haven't come back on. Been about a dozen starts and ~75 mi since I cleared codes. I should know by Sunday if the issue is indeed fixed as I have a ~240mi trip to run.

Update. *knock on wood* After reseating the intake hose and clamp then clearing the codes they haven't come back on. Been about a dozen starts and ~75 mi since I cleared codes. I should know by Sunday if the issue is indeed fixed as I have a ~240mi trip to run.
Hoping for the best when you do your move!! 🤞

Still good to go, no codes?

P0108 has been on for weeks now even after replacing the MAP sensor and vacuum switching valve with OEM made in Japan parts. And now there is P106A again.

For P106A the air intake hose is clamped down and there are no air leaks and the MAP sensor is new and clean still so I'm not even sure what else to try here. The hoses look good so no leaks there and the vehicle behavior is normal minus maybe a little poorer fuel economy, but it is winter and been driving in heavy snow and ice so that may not be unrelated and not be a symptom.

Perhaps the vapor canister itself needs replacing? Either way I ain't got the money so it'll have to wait before I shotgun more new OEM parts on it. I wish I could get those two metal hoses off the EGR to clean without going through the steps to remove the EGR valve itself.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: r2m
Are you still on stock SAIP air valves on the recall?

As resolution is evasive I have to wonder if clogged EGR or a canister leak… might want to do a vacuum test against the charcoal canister
No, mine was replaced around 70k miles.

Cleaning the EGR is what I was thinking after testing the connectors. You gotta know after 181,5xx miles that things gotta be dirty. LOL I also feel like replacing the rubber hoses in the MAP and vacuum switching valve systems just for good measure.

-------------

@ 71,583mi

SERVICE: ZLH-AIR INJECT/SWITCHING REPR
DESCRIPTION: ~|~C/S SEVERAL LIGHTS HAVE COME ON ON THE DASH ~|~SEE NOTES ~|~71583 AIR INJECTION PUMP & AIR SWITCHING VALVES CHG29E 230 COMPLETE CHECKED FOR DTC'S AND FOUND P2445 SECONDARY AIR INJECTION SYSTEM FOUND POL17-01 REPLACED VALVES AND PUMP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom