Owners post here. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry all, have been sidetracked with work! So a little backstory. The FJ is a 1971 with the best parts between this and another 1970 model. The ‘71 was in the best shape, but we did take some stuff from the ‘70. Things like doubled up on the roof supports from two to four and really went through a lot of internals between them, and kept a lot of extra parts as well for the future. The engine is out of a 1990 Dodge and is mounted into the Toyota frame. It has a Dana 60 front with the Dana 70 rear. The transmission is an Getrag 360 hooked up to an NP205 transfer case. All of the gauges work and are accurate. A custom A-Pillar gauge mount made out of the same Walnut the dash is done out of will house the RPM’s, EGT and boost from the Cummins. Here are a couple more pics of the interior as well as what it started out as. My brother-in-law started the project and I got it from him and am finishing it. I am taking out the Corbeau seats and having some seats out of a 1991 Honda Prelude reupholstered in a black vinyl and tan damask pattern, as well as the factory back seat. More to come, but ”Wilbur” is about 90% done! You can follow the rest of the build on the instagram page I set up for it @fj55_cummins_ironpig.

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8743.jpeg

IMG_8745.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom