Overseas (non-US) Expedition wheelers.... the wild stuff! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wow
that was a killer trip report! thanks for sharing it with everyone. those are the reasons i think about moving back to southern africa:)

ps. did you find out if those eland had been poisoned? looks kinda suspicious to me as well.
keep 'em comin we want more!
SPRINGBOKS RULE RUGBY_-_-_-_-_- AGAIN!!!!!!!
cheers

Yep, all the tests were negative and it turned out to be pure exhaustion. It was towards the end of the dry season and vegitation was very scarce, as can be seen in the pics.The most credible explanation would be that the cow probably left the Botswana-side of the park in search of better vegitation and arrived on the ZA- side only to discover that there was none but now had used up whatever last bit of strenth she had to make the trek all in vain ...:frown:

Some foldup stuff from france. :cool:

125.JPG

124.JPG

127.JPG

Made by:Roy Créations

these french guys have a bunch of body panels for the 80 made of polyester... interesting.

I wonder about this roof thing though. If they cut a huge hole in the roof without any crossmembers (which would be in the way), I'd think that would compromise its strength quite a bit...

Great pics and story Theo! :D That ghost town has a weird look to it:eek:

Australia's Canning Stock Route.

Trek notes taken from 4WDing, Camping & Caravanning around Australia @ ExplorOz

The Canning Stock Route (CSR) is one of the most remote and isolated 4WD tracks in the world and holds it appeal as the "last frontier". This Trek Note contains extensive trip planning information for those that wish to travel self-sufficiently. The Canning Stock Route can be traversed from top to bottom or vice versa.

Degree of difficulty:- 5 out of 5
Distance 1961KM
Start:- Halls Ck WA
Finish:- Wiluna WA

Canning Stock Route @ ExplorOz

Sadly dont have any pictures of our old touring rigs, prado, 60 series but now ive gone to the dark side....Nissan patrol 2003 :D

If the two most reliable diesel motors in the world were based on use here in aus they would be the mighty 4.2l Toyota 1hz and the Nissan 4.2l TD42

here is my new touring rig, just waiting for the funds to bounce back so i can start getting her finished for touring, the pics are her with her split rims on ;p
winch, bullbar, cargo barrier, OME lift, snorkle, factory turbo and intercooler, soon DIY drawers, fridge slide for the 50l waeco.

P1000198.jpg

P1000199.jpg

ow040.jpg

just to show i dont hate cruisers, a mates 100 series, turbo intercooled 1hz solid front axle :D 5" lift ect
ow043.jpg

Where abouts in the snow fields are you?

That was up at Mt Skene in Vic. Just near Mt buller. the apprenticeship build (my patrol) is going slowly planning a trip to flinders ranges early next year so ive gotta get my boots on with the mods

offroad-schmiede

Hey, here the link to Marcus Haase North Germany, he is building Expeditiontrucks / Campers mostly on LandCruiser for quite some years now. His internet page though is new, so I guess most of you didn´t get to know him yet...and will enjoy the pictures
He is a friend of mine and build our wiches to reality....
I hope it´s not undercover advertising, but I don´t think so many of you won´t buy the new rig in europe :rolleyes:

www.offroad-schmiede.com

if you have questions becaus of the german explanations I can try to help...;)

exampels:
1403433.jpg

1403485.jpg

1403461.jpg

This is made of a HZJ75 troopie
1403462.jpg

1403463.jpg

This his own fold-up HZJ 75 turbo, it has been around amerika and australia
1403464.jpg

the same kind of lift-up in small
1403465.jpg

here a HZJ79 build to seat 4-5 persons
1403466.jpg

1403467.jpg

a small and light cabine wich can be removed quickly
1403468.jpg

Nie pics and welcome to the forum Sonke.

I like the blue HJZ75 dual cab,where was it made? So far I have only seen Australian and SAfrican conversions.

Im not sure if you saw my 75 series camper ,but I plan on changing the canvas top for a F/G pop up or a F/G lid on side hinges and would like to mount solar panels on it.

Thanks for the welcome..

the dual cab is home made:D
1403558.jpg

here another one:
1403559.jpg

But I didn´t get what you want to do:confused:with your camper?
You want to change the canvas walls to hard shell?
We had the same wish, travelling more often to the North now and decided for a hydaulic lift system of the top and the walls (see "Travelling Cruisers" for details) and against foldable walls. With these you will always get the rain from the outside right above the bed when folding it together...although its more simple and about 100kg lighter to realise...
By the way 800kg for the your cabine ist al lot! Ours is already heavy with about 400kg all included....

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome..

the dual cab is home made:D
1403558.jpg

here another one:
1403559.jpg

But I didn´t get what you want to do:confused:with your camper?
You want to change the canvas walls to hard shell?
We had the same wish, travelling more often to the North now and decided for a hydaulic lift system of the top and the walls (see "Travelling Cruisers" for details) and against foldable walls. With these you will always get the rain from the outside right above the bed when folding it together...although its more simple and about 100kg lighter to realise...
By the way 800kg for the your cabine ist al lot! Ours is already heavy with about 400kg all included....

The 800kg slide on is sold and I now have this
https://forum.ih8mud.com/expedition-builds/245215-my-75-series-camper-mark-2-a.html

I want to put a 4 legged f/g roof or a hinged roof on the new camper. I have spoken to someone here who wants to have a look.
I want something that is cooler in the sun and more sturdy in the wind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom