Overland Expo West (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The irony that Overlanders like to get away, and off the beaten path, yet all congregate together is strong.

Think there will be Tacoma LED light bars and brackets there? Maybe some beard oil vendors? Morale patches?

The irony that Overlanders like to get away, and off the beaten path, yet all congregate together is strong.

Think there will be Tacoma LED light bars and brackets there? Maybe some beard oil vendors? Morale patches?

Hoping they will have fridge options and wenches (misspell for Craigslist crowd).

I am hoping for some beard oil application demos filmed by drone.

It is ironic. It brings a huge crowd to Flagstaff--which I'm not complaining about, but it's very ironic. Too crowded for my taste, I went camping last year instead.

Camped at expo last year with a few other club members and we had a blast! The expo is really fun after dark with tons of parties and other events after the gates are closed. Definitely doing it again this year. We meet up in the Valley and caravan up. Added bonus I won a great prize from Garmin last year!

Getting the gremlins worked out of the LC. Probably going to replace the wire harness with a known good one and go the extra mile and prevent it from happening again with protective heat wrap.

But if that is done and all the gremlins are gone I will be there.

The rates have gone up to $180.00 for a weekend pass and $150.00 for a passenger.

Vendors have 3 levels of placement, based on cost, traffic, and booth location. I was hoping they would issue a map showing locations of all similar type items in the same location. This would make finding and comparison easy but no it looks like everything will be everywhere....not good IMO.

Beard oil vendors! Ha ha for the Grizzly Adams back to nature hippies! Maybe a Grateful Dead cover band? Or perhaps “how to make your own cardboard sign and panhandle for gas money, my rig only gets 12 mpg due to having everything BUT the kitchen sink on it”.

I just bought my wife and me our tickets for Saturday with onsite parking. I hope to see other local rigs there.

Please feel free to use our booth as the CSC rendezvous site!

We have the same one as last year, P78 just east of the bar/food entrance.

We'll have a couple of really fun Land Cruisers on display, plus the Tiny House Tundra as our Mobile Command Post! lol

Maybe Happy Hour on Thursday?

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

The rules have changed a bit since last year, no more alcohol given away at vendor booths.

As the producers of Overland Expo, the team at Lodestone Events is committed to the safety of our clients, staff and attendees. As Overland Expo has grown over the years, so has our visibility in the communities the series serves.

In 2019, the alcohol task force of Northern Arizona brought exhibitor parties and the practice of giving away alcohol in exhibitor booths to our attention as an area of great concern for them.
It seems Liquor Control wasn't to happy with the way things were done last year. Thus no alcohol at vendor parties unless the vendor hosts a party through Lodestone events.

According to the Arizona Department of Liquor License and Control, no alcohol may be given away or sold at any time during Overland Expo without a state-approved license.

Overland Expo is required to establish liquor perimeters around any area within the event grounds where alcohol is served to the public and provide professional security, ID checks, a professional bartender, and an alcohol consumption policy to prevent attendees from being overserved.

Alcohol cannot be served outside of any liquor perimeter at Fort Tuthill during Overland Expo’s rental period May 13 - May 17, 2020 per sections A.R.S. § 4-244.05, A.R.S. § 4-244, and A.R.S. § 13-3706 of the Arizona Title 4 Liquor Laws. Any alcohol served outside of an event-approved alcohol permit subjects Overland Expo and its clients to great liability concerns and subject to losing access to future alcohol permits. For the complete Arizona Liquor Laws, see: Title 4 - Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control.
In an effort to protect ourselves and our clients from alcohol perimeter and liability infractions, we will now require any exhibitor hosting a private party where alcohol is served to acquire a Private Party Alcohol Package directly from Lodestone Events.

The private party package looks like this:

Included in Package:
- Coconino County & Arizona Department of Liquor Licensing and Control Licensed Private Party on Friday or Saturday evening from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Liquor Liability Insurance & Permits - Professional Bartender - Portable Bar Set up - Set up and tear down of liquor perimeter fencing or bike rack - One Security Guard for ID Check and Alcohol Perimeter Control (no alcohol is allowed to be brought into or out of the licensed area) - Cups and napkins, as needed. - Tables and chairs upon request (additional cost) - Beer, Wine, Soda, & Water provided (additional cost / based on quantities requested / beverages must be provided by Overland Expo’s alcohol vendor named on permit)

And the curmudgeon in me says, "There goes my last bit of fun at Expo."

Yeah, it's sort of the same reason CA sucks... too many people lead to too much regulation. The fun is in the grey areas :)

Still debating the trip... tickets are pricey... can't help but think the money could be better spent on some paint care products that both my rigs desperately need.

FYI Overland Expo West has been rescheduled to July 24-26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom