Our $1250 FJ62 Family wagon build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You probably know this, but that loose shifter thing is about a 10 minute fix. You need the plastic bushings from Toyota. They are about $1.50 each.

I didn't thanks Cruiserdrew... I'll get right on that.

There are a couple of bushings in the bottom of the shifter post.
They get worn out and the shifter gets sloppy. Just get a couple of bushings from cdan and it will be nice and tight agian.
Good deal on the cruiser. I bought a nice wrecked one and payed more then that. :doh:
But two years later and a lot of money it looks pretty dam good.

Have a good one.

Thanks x2

congrats on the "His and Hers" running 50 Lbs on our fj60s on Michelin LTXs....much better gas milage than at 35 Lbs.......runs sweetly on OMEs.......:hmm: they are 16 inch wheels though;

Lou

really 16?

I'd probably run max 40 lbs psi, the stem is only rated to 60-65 lbs psi, that if it's not a high pressure stem, and that depends on how old/condition they are currently in. With running such a high psi the chance of wearing down the middle of the tire is greater and you'll end up buying new ones sooner. You'll have to buy new tires anyways so I guess it's a toss up as to when. Maybe look at a tire that has a stiffer side wall next time around if it looks low @ 35lbs psi.
That is a sweet ride for the price you paid!!

Tire age.

If you haven't checked the age of the tires, you should do so. Tires older than 6 years may not be safe. When I bought my 88 fj62 last spring, I checked the age of the tires, and they were 7 years old. The spare was 10 years old and the rubber was deeply cracked, even though the tread looked like it had never been used. I replaced all the tires. One less thing to worry about. Here is a reference on reading the codes on tires, etc.

Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tire Bible Page 1 of 2

Neutral safety switch and Shift bushings on order. Might order some carpet up too if its still available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom