Orlampa tech session (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's odd, usually those cables are pretty good unless they get kinked. Did it get damaged during the rebuild?

Sometimes you can put penetrating oil down the tube, but often once it's at the point that one is, it's replacement time.

I guess it wouldn't be the first part to go bad on that truck! HAH!

How long did the PHH take for you guys? I just did mine too, and it was only about a 15 minute ordeal. Not bad at all... I'm really not sure what all the complaining is about.

there was a bit of standing in the engine compartment so it's possible it got stepped on.

Page one updated. GSMTR isn't far away... lots of work going on these last few weekends. Kids wondering where daddy is.... oh wait, don't answer that.

Here's the pile of crap that came off my truck and isn't going back on:

IMG_3808.jpg

Hopefully Danny and Justin got the front end figured out on his truck for the 4" lift... they got the back done yesterday.

yep. glad to say I'm done working on justin's truck. he's now got a new headgasket and lots of new stuff in that section. he is 4 inches taller with all the proper stuff associated with lifting an 80 that much. it was a pain in the ass but it's done now thank god. we're just waiting on my extended brake lines and 1 inch coil spacers to level the front of my truck then we will correct my caster and change all my oils then we will be ready to go. I need a vacation after all this wrenching

What is the stuff on the right of the picture?

PAIR system, EGR temp sensor, VSV's for EGR and PAIR, a fuel filter and my "PHH", or pesky heater hose.

yep. glad to say I'm done working on justin's truck. he's now got a new headgasket and lots of new stuff in that section. he is 4 inches taller with all the proper stuff associated with lifting an 80 that much. it was a pain in the ass but it's done now thank god. we're just waiting on my extended brake lines and 1 inch coil spacers to level the front of my truck then we will correct my caster and change all my oils then we will be ready to go. I need a vacation after all this wrenching

No pics of lift??

Pat

it was done after dark but I'll have justin take some tomorrow. it looks good tho

one when we were halfway done.
IMG_20130504_173921_755_zps0e80b363.jpg

and now done.
ResizedImage951367932138348_zps12fb4660.jpg

ResizedImage951367932173416_zpse7ae18bd.jpg

ResizedImage951367932165077_zps6f2ea641.jpg

Looks good. How's it drive?

Pat

Justin tells me he gets vibes below 8MPH, otherwise zero issues. Vibes go away at higher speeds. Kinda odd, but hey - I guess I'd rather have that than the opposite :)

Looks great!

it's an iron man 4 inch . no DC shafts yet but maybe soon. he pulled the driveshaft tonight so we will see if that's the vibes or the control arms vibrating on the steering bar along the back of the axle. the top of the control arm will have to be ground down a little to clear the steering because of the caster plates.

If you end up getting a dc shaft, go the Toyota route, I wasn't happy with the spiced one I had

update. Justin moved up to 35s. the front driveshaft is defiantly gonna need to be swapped with a DC shaft. for now he'll run without it until we get to the mountains. it'll be fine at low speeds. today he's got to grind on the control arms tho to get them off the steering rod.. this thing is tall. the window starts at around chin level....
ResizedImage951368278735948_1_zpsd4be7641.jpg

ResizedImage_1368278712142_zps2ae9a1fd.jpg

Beautiful! Glad to see all those parts finally come together!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom