Original Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm guessing 275/70/16 Michelin LTX 's ..... same as the LC's

Montana is correct.

Michelin LTX M/S in 275/70-HR16 (114H). It's a special size that was spec'd for the luxuary SUV. It also differs from the other LTX M/S size in that is has 6 ribs of tread instead of 5.

Bridgestone and Dunlop also supplied 270/70/16 OE tires for the 80. Mine Came with Bridgestones new.

Thanks for the info.

I need to replace the tires and shocks. I'm not looking for anything special, just something that will work well with the vehicle for every day driving and not break the bank. My wife mostly uses it to haul kids around so I don't need it set up for heavy off road duty. Just trips to the mountains with the kids and some light off road stuff.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

The OEM Michelin LTX is the perfect tire for a hiway driven 80. That tire was designed especialy for the 80. Add new OEM shocks and you will have a very pleasant hiway ride.

The truck I just bought with 90k miles has the LTX's on it. I would find it hard to beleive that they are the originals but they may be. The spare is the same tire and had never been off the hanger until I bought the truck. That would be an incredable number of miles for orininal tires. They are not quite at the wear bars but are within 10k miles by my guess. They do ride great on the highway.

Fly Rod

I was buying new LTXs (can't say whether they had 5 or 6 treads) for my 93 LC in Los Angeles as recently as 2002. I believe they are a common tire and not LC/LX exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom