Original FJ60 OEM shocks are sold out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Original FJ60 OEM shocks are sold out. My parts guy at the local dealership told me that there are non in the country....true?:hmm:

I bet Dan has a few in stock.

ya, you need to pm cruiserdan. if he cant find oem he'll know what aftermarket shock to substitute in.

I have bought 4 of them in the last few months, all from Cruiserdan. Very good price on these high quality shocks. Don't believe your local parts guy.

You could ask for 1990 FJ62 shocks as they will be the same and being more recent, they may show availability in the system.

Talk to Dan. The last ones that I bought, there was a change in part number. I bet your local guy doesn't knwo what DAN KNOWS!

If Dan doesn't have any (which I think you can still get them), there are other good alternatives.

are they interchangeble? fj60-fj62 shocks

I have bought 4 of them in the last few months, all from Cruiserdan. Very good price on these high quality shocks. Don't believe your local parts guy.

You could ask for 1990 FJ62 shocks as they will be the same and being more recent, they may show availability in the system.

are they interchangeble? fj60-fj62 shocks?

are they interchangeble? fj60-fj62 shocks?

They are the same exact size and will fit interchangeably. I don't know if they have exactly the same valving, but I wouldn't hesitate to run them.

Some of the FJ60 - FJ62 shocks will be interchangeable... Sometime in late '85, I think, they changed the upper rear shock mount from 14mm to 17mm. Other than that, the same.

But looking in the EPC, they're different part #'s 11/85 - 8/87 vs FJ62's So who knows. SOR lists different #s too

Last edited:
I have a set for the rear with about 100 miles on them, then I went with OME heavy kit. Let me know if you want them, shoot me a pm.

The FJ62 rear shocks are different, because the shock mount was moved on one side. This results in a shorter shock on one side. note the two different PN's:

48530 ABSORBER ASSY, SHOCK, REAR RH
48531‑69105 FJ62

48540 ABSORBER ASSY, SHOCK, REAR LH
48541‑69025 FJ62

The FJ62 rear shocks are different, because the shock mount was moved on one side. This results in a shorter shock on one side. note the two different PN's:

48530 ABSORBER ASSY, SHOCK, REAR RH
48531‑69105 FJ62

48540 ABSORBER ASSY, SHOCK, REAR LH
48541‑69025 FJ62

So I should buy two left rear shocks to compensate?

So I should buy two left rear shocks to compensate?

Have you called Cruiserdan? His is the go to guy for availability.

Your idea of ordering 2 lefts is good, but having just installed FJ62 shocks, if they are different lengths, it isn't by more than 1/2 inch.

Have you called Cruiserdan? His is the go to guy for availability.

Your idea of ordering 2 lefts is good, but having just installed FJ62 shocks, if they are different lengths, it isn't by more than 1/2 inch.

I ordered the FJ62 shocks...and will check them out to see if there is a difference. :clap:

I just ordered a set from Cruiser Dan this afternoon. Great price too. :D

FJJ62 shocks or or FJ60 shocks?

the difference is about 1 inch in length

Digging up an old thread, but does anyone know if the bushings and other hardware come included with the OEM shocks or do they need to be ordered separately?

Digging up an old thread, but does anyone know if the bushings and other hardware come included with the OEM shocks or do they need to be ordered separately?

The shocks will come with bushings and any lock nuts. Retainers and bolts would need to be purchased separately.

The shocks will come with bushings and any lock nuts. Retainers and bolts would need to be purchased separately.

Thanks for confirming. Just ordered some new rear shocks from the local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom