[OR] HZJ75 UTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, thank god that bullbar stayed down under for the coming zombie apocalypse. You just need to get rid of the split rims and replace them with some good quality HD steel rims and tubeless tyres.
I reckon that mesh on the grill inhibits air flow.
The 75 cab chassis was one of their best models ever, I loved the dual tanks , dual fuel filters and the tray back for versatility and load carrying ability. A real classic in its own time. There will be some jealous eyes on that.

Good lord, that bull bar....ugly. The cruiser though is beautiful.

Thanks. The PO was pretty proud of that bar work but I figured there was a better market for it down under where kangaroos and camels pose more of a threat than the occasional mule deer would in Oregon. If I’d have known the CB radio was not compatible, I’d of had him keep that as well. Apparently it’s a good one, but of no value in the US

The Ute has a interesting past. It was originally sold at Peter Kittle Toyota in Alice Springs to a cattle operation that was shut down after the land was returned to the traditional indigenous owners. It was a special order from Japan due to the 1st year electronic diff locks and front / rear disc brakes were offered.

The white painted roof was a dealer installed option so that the Ute could be more easily spotted by search plane in the Outback.

A more refined front bumper, steel wheels with tubeless tires are in the works. Concur on the mesh bug screen and took that off first thing.

Last edited:
Killer rig! 12v too like my Aussie model.

Knowing it was on a cattle ranch, that make 100% sense for the bull bar. When I was young pup, 1997~98 I worked at a sale barn part time during college repairing pens and whatever else was called up. They had a 78 Ford single cab, flat bed that was the utility truck. It had 10k miles on it. There wasn't a square inch on the vehicle that wasn't dented or smashed by the cows. No doors or glass either, those cows straight up destroyed it.

Good looking truck!
I wish my dad's Ford has a bull bar like that. The stupid cows are always breaking his lights, mostly the rears due to the feed being on back of the truck. I think I have replace two headlights which aren't cheap in newer trucks.

The PO was pretty proud of that bar work

I saw quite a few of them in Alice Springs. The local cattle stations do not fence in their stock and are allowed to roam across roads in 130kph zones. But the camels also like to use the roads for walking on, some times 30 or more.

If I’d have known the CB radio was not compatible, I’d of had him keep that as well. Apparently it’s a good one, but of no value in the US

Is it an actual CB or a HF radio. The HF radio are not cheap to buy new. People traveling in remote areas can access direct contact with the flying doc and other emergency services. You can also make radio telephone calls with them.

Looks super clean and I agree with the others....that was one hell of an engineering bar on the front. Someone had waaay too much time and material on their hands.

Congrats! Beautiful........

Is it an actual CB or a HF radio. The HF radio are not cheap to buy new. People traveling in remote areas can access direct contact with the flying doc and other emergency services. You can also make radio telephone calls with them.
Sawtron 999 with remote mount adapter, UHF CB 477 MHz. Interface mounts below dash, the rest lives behind the passenger seat.

6CE5DB23-F562-4161-8772-9B05AC7AC6C7 by W_burden, on Flickr

Int 1 by W_burden, on Flickr

Good looking truck, glad we have some more 70 series in central Oregon!

Thats not worth much, no big loss

Looks super clean and I agree with the others....that was one hell of an engineering bar on the front. Someone had waaay too much time and material on their hands.

Congrats! Beautiful........
Nice, thank god that bullbar stayed down under for the coming zombie apocalypse. You just need to get rid of the split rims and replace them with some good quality HD steel rims and tubeless tyres.
I reckon that mesh on the grill inhibits air flow.
The 75 cab chassis was one of their best models ever, I loved the dual tanks , dual fuel filters and the tray back for versatility and load carrying ability. A real classic in its own time. There will be some jealous eyes on that.

+ ARB winch bumper to replace the zombie apocalypse bar work. Future plans include a Warn and some Odd Iron recovery points.
- Bugscreen
- Hideous, shin busting, departure angle killing rear bumper. I've seen a few nice designs for troopys and mid wheel base trucks, but there doesn't seem to much out there for Utes.

IMG_2203 by W_burden, on Flickr

I see that you have the optional "climate control" seats. ( automatically warm up in the Summer and cool off in the Winter) :)
Give us a shout when you are ready for the recovery points.

I believe your options for a rear bumper are somewhat limited. The factory rear bumper is a bumper in name only (actually more of a step) and is fabricated from recycled beer cans. The other option is a custom fabrication of some description.
image.jpeg

+ ARB winch bumper to replace the zombie apocalypse bar work. Future plans include a Warn and some Odd Iron recovery points.
- Bugscreen
- Hideous, shin busting, departure angle killing rear bumper. I've seen a few nice designs for troopys and mid wheel base trucks, but there doesn't seem to much out there for Utes.

IMG_2203 by W_burden, on Flickr

About those headlight covers. Ive seen them on a few 70 series and I kind of like them. Not sure where you can get them, but they are kind of cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom