Options for 93-94 VAFM: My Experience with Bavarian Restorations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you end up buying a refurb model or what did you do to get your rig going?

Still have the original intact installed and functioning but scares me đź’©less. This was planned as a backup.

I’ll BOLO for extra VAFs and if I get them, I’ll put them up on BaT and tag you two. :flipoff2:

On a serious note, they’re not too hard to come by. I just hit up the likely suspects from time to time and ask if they have some. I will keep my eyes peeled but I don’t stress over not having an extra.

Still have the original intact installed and functioning but scares me đź’©less. This was planned as a backup.
Dang. That’s where I’m at now. No spare and just waiting to see if he can repair it.
I’ll BOLO for extra VAFs and if I get them, I’ll put them up on BaT and tag you two. :flipoff2:

On a serious note, they’re not too hard to come by. I just hit up the likely suspects from time to time and ask if they have some. I will keep my eyes peeled but I don’t stress over not having an extra.
I appreciate it. Let us know if you come across an OEM

Got the VAFM back today from BavRest. You can see here they take care to package it well. I installed it already but before I did, I disco’d the battery and pulled the EFI fuse. This lets the ECM relearn and start fresh with the readjusted VAFM installed. This time BavRest simply adjusted the spring tension on the door to tighten it up a little bit. We’ll see how it goes!
9449381B-3B75-484B-ADA2-7A9D405985C8.jpeg

Got the VAFM back today from BavRest. You can see here they take care to package it well. I installed it already but before I did, I disco’d the battery and pulled the EFI fuse. This lets the ECM relearn and start fresh with the readjusted VAFM installed. This time BavRest simply adjusted the spring tension on the door to tighten it up a little bit. We’ll see how it goes!View attachment 3001635

Awesome, keep us posted! They're supposed to receive mine this week so I'm hoping to hear if it can be salvaged soon.

I have a buddy who's a guru with his research looking into getting my the EWD for a Japanese model since it is imported. I'm going to start studying it as soon as he gets it. It's certainly intriguing that I could have that as a back up and move away from the VAF issues if it will truly work.
Did you ever take the leap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom