Optimal cable routing for Temporary roof rack with LED lights, LC100 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay I need your advice as always..

I basically see two mail choices to connect the wires from the roof to the inside of the truck..

I really like the idea of using one of holes (making one, using one) under the stock roof rails, but how do you deal with the connector when is not in used...?? (four different set of lights, plus maybe antennas, etc, big connector or maybe a bunch of little ones is better)

The other alternative, a little more clumsy and not as secure, is to just stick the bundle of cables out of the rear door gasket (or some kind of semi seal gizmo) and then let the wires velcro strap to the inside of the truck when not in use..

Sincerely I don't think this rack I'm making will ever come of, but life has a way to prove you wrong..

Looking forward to what you come up with. Have thought about doing the same for several years.
Actually is not like 80-20 is cheap (is 6061 or e even better alloy for the tasjk and is very rigid and straight, the don't make DYI CNC machine out of it for nothing), but i'm going to end up with a fully configurable, modular, configurable, reusable (so many surprises coming) and far, far stronger/rigid/bigger (if you feel like) not rusting for about$500-$600 dollars, plus i can anodized it in whatever color you want (and most of the time it will fade in two years).

plus you only need a cut out saw a bunch of bolts as a allen key..

not to shady, personally I laught at the companies that need to ship and trnasport this fully buil,d that is so two Centaurus ago..

Be sure i will share all i learn here..

Last edited:
Mount and connect to the battery, breakers, the Bluesea and the relays, now to drill the fire wall and start the painful job of routing the wires bundle to the back of the truck (Taking plastic panels off)

The rack is also in progress but still need to fabricate the rack interface (I need somehow precise tools, I only have hand tools to do it and not that much skill..)

My new platform is almost ready, much much lower..
IMG_9120-X3.jpg

This wake board is going to be a variable angle spoiler.
IMG_9144-X2.jpg

And it comes with a big surprise..
IMG_8828-X3.jpg

Plus a 42'' led light bar too..

Help is need it for sure, electricity and me we don't get along.

Looking good. How much does it weight so far?

Reactions: Dox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom