optimal 2f rpm range for highway cruising (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try this...

I've read that a K&N filter, as long as it is accompanied by the sticker on the window will give at least 45% more horsepower!!!

I would also recommend you get some stickers from your motor oil supply, and others. But, be careful and put them on the inside. The extra air-resistance from the stickers could drag your top speed down by 10%!!

I'm an ass. :)

uberhahn

I used to have a Suzuki LJ80.
I loved the truck to death, but it was SLOW!!!!!!

At 80kph or 48 mph (Confirmed with GPS), it was at 4400 RPM.

That was also with a larger tire than stock.
But oh boy, the the bush it was a machine!
I miss it. :)

landcruiserdude said:
I routinely cruise at about 2400-2500 rpms in my 83 FJ60, which, in combination with my 5 speed, and 31 in tires (aired to 40psi), gives me a 68-70mpg ground speed, with minimal road noise.

I know this is a mistake. Dont you mean MPH.

I'm running stock everything, and I just put on 32"s. I usually cruise around 3000rpm or just slightly under. Noticed the rubber overdrive right away. Cruiser doesn't seem to mind when its flat, but on any kind of a grade you can feel those tires.

How would an H55 and 4.11 change rpms on the freeway, would that put it closer to 2500-2600?

how wide 32's, what kind of tire?
how does it work with the stock suspension?
would your current rear end tolerate a H55, or would it not pull in 5th?

now we're talkin'

b56tc said:
how wide 32's, what kind of tire?

32X11.5 BFGs AT

b56tc said:
how does it work with the stock suspension?

sorry forgot to mention I have OME, seems stock now... :D

b56tc said:
would your current rear end tolerate a H55, or would it not pull in 5th?

I think it would hold but I really have no idea... I'm actually trying to plan my next 60!! So assume everything is in proper working order.

ChuckB said:
How would an H55 and 4.11 change rpms on the freeway, would that put it closer to 2500-2600?

4.11 gearing with 33 inch tires is very close to stock in terms of final drive ratio. It seems ideal with the h55, which I like more and more every time I go on a trip. If you ran 33s and did not regear, I doubt the 5th gear of the h55 would be of any use, since you could only use it down hill!

On the freeway at 65 mph, my RPMs are 2500. I posted previously that I don't use the h55 to go faster, but instead, use it to make the experience more comfortable.

Cruiserdrew said:
4.11 gearing with 33 inch tires is very close to stock in terms of final drive ratio. It seems ideal with the h55, which I like more and more every time I go on a trip. If you ran 33s and did not regear, I doubt the 5th gear of the h55 would be of any use, since you could only use it down hill!

On the freeway at 65 mph, my RPMs are 2500. I posted previously that I don't use the h55 to go faster, but instead, use it to make the experience more comfortable.

Thanks that is what I was looking for!!! :beer: :beer:

on the hwy, i'm runnin 3200 rpms
35's and 4.88's 4 spd
i'll max out at 3500 on a uphill shift,i never touch the red line

idealy,i'd prefer to keep it below 3k for optimum gas mileage ;)

"I AM SLOWER TRAFFIC"
What speed do you hit at that? 68?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom