Opinions/thoughts on Wolf steel repl'mnt sections ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in process of rehabbing 85Fj60 with poor/rusted rocker panels & rear quarter panel sections over rear wheel arches.
Anyone have good experience using after market replc'mnt steel parts ? In particular I've contacted Wolf outta Quebec, Ca. for quote & availability....just wondering about correct fitment & gauge thickness ?
Also, any members know of bodyshop repairman in upstate N.Y. area....in case I chicken out of doing surgery myself ?? :-(
thanks-

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

I can do 250$ us$ each in 18 gauge. I'm located in Montréal area... if you want to drive north 1 more hour !

PM me if you have question.

Do not have picture of the 60 but here a link for the 70 serie rear quarter panel to get a idea of the quality. For Sale - [CA-QC] BJ70 rear quarter panel

i used their stuff. the guy doing my body work said it took a little modifying to get the corners to fit right but otherwise he was pleased. they were a little hard to get a hold of but once we made contact stuff was shipped next day. i would use them again as i’m quite pleased with the results but again had a professional body guy do the work

I’m not expert but seems to me those two dents wouldn’t be hard to pop out. The first one very simple and I’ve heard great results w/ dry ice. The second I’d just go at w/ chunks of wood and some kind of channel lockers.
Yea i have a dent free door the dog is a problem and the rocker is bent in so it the fender well crazy thing is the door opens and shuts fine and the window rolls down the rear seat back is a pain to get down also but i think once i start releasing some of the bent stuff some things will go back in place .

Those dents - I think a stud welder and slide hammer could fix the dogleg in pretty short order.

I talk to a paintless dent removal place about the door.
It doesn't look bad in pics but in person not so good

If it were me I’d be pulling the dogleg either way. If it’s too far gone to save, I’d still pull it back as much as possible before cutting.

Too bad, it looks like a really clean truck.

OK soooo....looks like it's Montreal vs Quebec & 18gauge vs 20gauge thickness...
appreciate David*BJ70 & *franklin40 replies ! Seems like close call price-wise, as Wolf incld's shppg...
I just prefer not doing the Customs/boarder crossing thing, need an updated passport too !

If it were me I’d be pulling the dogleg either way. If it’s too far gone to save, I’d still pull it back as much as possible before cutting.

Too bad, it looks like a really clean truck.
Yea gonna try that my buddy is a painter he lives just down the street he has a small shop at home he does body work and paint he also has the things in the concrete to pull off of.

OK soooo....looks like it's Montreal vs Quebec & 18gauge vs 20gauge thickness...
appreciate David*BJ70 & *franklin40 replies ! Seems like close call price-wise, as Wolf incld's shppg...
I just prefer not doing the Customs/boarder crossing thing, need an updated passport too !

You don’t need a passport to receive shipments from Canada.

Wolf is right across the Vermont/Quebec border. Montreal isn’t much further. Considering $1 usd is worth about $1.30 in Canada, you might want to bring the whole rig to Canada and get the welding done as well. You’re not that far from Kingston, ON. No doubt there are a few body shops there that do restoration work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom