Opinions sought (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I know this horse has been beat to death, but this has a twist. I already have a solid 4" to 5" of suspension lift, but started considering a soa. Goal is 35" tires, which will fit now, but I want more room, soooooo do I add a small 1" to 2" body lift (happy with the lift springs) or go soa. Ride quality is good now, flex isn't a priority as much because here in south Fla a parking curb is about as treacherous as it gets. Body lift would be easier, but with soa is the ride really that much better?

I personally wouldn't use a body lift in your application. I'd keep it the way it is or soa.

I've got a 4" skyjacker lift and run 35" tires with no problem at all. I also have the fenders cut and 2" ext. shackles. I would love to go soa, but really can't justify the added cost to do it correctly (cut and turn, etc.)
If I had no lift already, I'd definately go soa.

I'm in the same boat, Steve. I've got a functional lift, that flexs well with 33's.
My desicion has been to get everything else taken care of-(engine, drivetrain, SM420, disk/PS). I realized that without some of these mods, the 35-36.5 inch tires I want to run wouldn't do me any good. So, if everything else on the truck is the way you want it, then I'd say go for it. If not, take care of the other stuff first.

I don't understand why you would want to change it if it works. If you don't need the flex then what's the deal?
Mine is SOA on stock springs with 35s and I think it's perfect.
A friend has +4 springs and a 1" body lift allowing 35s and an SM465 with good ground clearance. He likes mine better.
If you have the stock springs an SOA is the way to go. IMHO.

haha well if its room ya want go for the soa im sure ya saw the pics of my rig .. i could use honda civics for wheels

-al

on second thought do the spring over ill come over and help ya consiering your the closet cruiser head i know :)
-al

but then agian i cant type talk and eat at the same time ... example a ( read above)

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=8733;start=msg75271#msg75271 date=1071293050]
haha well if its room ya want go for the soa im sure ya saw the pics of my rig .. i could use honda civics for wheels

-al
[/quote]

Actually Al, I started thinking about it when you did yours. You're motivating me to the next level, thanks I think.

Bailey, everything is squared away except p/s which is the works, but good point.

Hammerhead, looking for ride improvement and some ground clearance, lotsa water crossings here and you do get hung up.

Problem is I got rid of my stock springs, but could locate some or trade the 4" ones. May do the cheap route first with the body lift and see if that works first. Thanks :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom