Opinions on this 100 For Sale Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went and looked at this 01' today, the paint was redone very poorly, over spray everywhere. There are what looks to be bleach stains in the cargo area. It has a sticker that the timing belt was done at 90K miles in 2007. Tires are shot. It ran fantastic and went down the road nice and straight. The seller says he bought it to use as a tour vehicle in Argentina, but customs won't let him take it into Argentina because he has owned it less than 2 years? So he is in like a rush sale situation.

If the miles are true I'd be interested in making an offer, but how much? Does anyone have access to Carfax?

TOYOTA LandCruiser 2001

Thanks!

that sounds terrible. I would rather have a rusty truck with factory paint

its worth $1500-$2000 in parts if nothing else. I wouldn't want to pay much more than that. Maybe you rhino line it?

Those bleach stains could be from where they cleaned up the blood of the dead bodies they were transporting.

now that I see the pics, it isn't as bad as I imagined, but crappy paint would be a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:
Of course not...Keep looking.

I’ve seen cruisers in worse shape. Check out the Carfax but maybe 6-7.5k for it......what would be your plans for it.... that would be my determining factor when it comes to the paint.

I'm looking for a weekend warrior so the paint isn't a deal breaker, it's how it got in that condition to begin with that concerns me. The seller said it went through a repo auction and he bought it from the guys who bought it at auction and "fixed it up." I'm not in a hurry......these things never come up in Vegas for a decent price for some reason unless there are issues all over them.

I'm looking to setup a Carfax account but can't find the unlimited plates and 5 Vin deal I had before for some reason.

Vin if anyone has access:

Vin:JTEHT05J512011752

From the pics it doesn't look terrible but that is only the pics... I'd also say price is a bit high even if the paint was fine.

Yeah it’s few and far between a decent one comes up here and when they do they’re 15k. Not too much dealer history either. Only a few things recorded

Let’s see.... repaint, poor interior, rush sale... those are the three cardinal sins to look out for when buying a car.

I just passed on a local LC for $3000 that has front fender damage. For a complete repaint with questionable history I would take minor damage over this unless he can explain repaint which I am guessing he cannot.

If you are looking in the 8000-9000 range you should be able to find something better. Although if you roll the dice on this one at a lower price and can handle the unknowns then go for it!

All good points, thank you.......

At $4500 would it be worth throwing the dice? I really don't like unknowns but that's the price of a 3rd gen 4 runner around here. I might throw it out there and see what he says, hmmmm....

I need to find out if miles are true first, sucks Carfax took away the unlimited deal, unless it's hiding somewhere that I can't find

Miles appear to be correct, timing belt and tires are the main maintenance things it needs right now.......I offered $5000, he countered at $6100.

I'm going to pass............It's still available if anyone else is still interested.

Mileage is attractive for the price. Crap paint work is not. Is the paint the whole truck or a small area? its a small area like the fender its maybe $500-600 to sand & adequately reshoot a fender. Its due for a T belt in 10k so one would have a little time to get parts together. Tires are $1,000 +\-, tbelt-wp-tensioners - heater T fluids $500 in parts on the minimal side, then baseline Budget depending on how good or bad maintenances are.

The whole truck was shot with what looks a kid with a can of silver spray paint got about 3 hours to do the "job." (Original color was silver at least)

The whole truck was shot with what looks a kid with a can of silver spray paint got about 3 hours to do the "job." (Original color was silver at least)

Bummer- deal killer on a daily driver, not a big deal if someone is going to linex it for a trail rig.

3yrs in Illinois (the salt capitol of the midwest) then off to Cali for the rest of its life. What seems interesting is the most recent ODO statement: exempt from reporting? What happened between 1/26 and 1/30.

A5B3DD63-5619-4DE3-BBAA-5497E53BCCCB.jpeg

Looks like dealer bought at auction, sat on lot, when sold, paid for emissions and registration. Once sale was final changed over the title to owner 5. All within the 30 day limit dmv requires registration after smog. And since it was already in Nevada dmv doesn’t recheck odometer. Just re issue title and go off last odometer reading from smog report if that makes sense

3yrs in Illinois (the salt capitol of the midwest) then off to Cali for the rest of its life. What seems interesting is the most recent ODO statement: exempt from reporting? What happened between 1/26 and 1/30.

View attachment 1642324

after a vehicle reaches a certain age Nevada after a vehicle reaches a certain age Nevada considers the vehicle exempt from odometer reporting

Looks like dealer bought at auction, sat on lot, when sold, paid for emissions and registration. Once sale was final changed over the title to owner 5. All within the 30 day limit dmv requires registration after smog. And since it was already in Nevada dmv doesn’t recheck odometer. Just re issue title and go off last odometer reading from smog report if that makes sense

Great post makes sense, just 1 correction Nevada smogs are good for 90 days though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom