Opinions on Price - 1979 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This truck got posted on facebook today and it is actually where I live. I don't think it is a 10k truck, but that is why I am asking the experts on the forum for their input. I appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

FJ40.PNG

It has power steering, that is a huge plus. But more pictures are needed in detail to make a good estimate.

" I don't think it is a 10K truck" - there's your answer! Other peoples opinions based upon pictures is worthless, and I certainly wouldn't use that info as basis for purchasing a vehicle. Pictures can be altered and don't show bondo or other alterations done incorrectly. There is no substitue for looking at the actual vehicle. If it is in your area, check it out. Other people don't know what you are looking for in a vehicle - restoration, rock crawler, daily driver? Look at it and decide what it is worth to you, then offer that amount. FAQ section has advice on what to look for when buying a 40.

Agreed, people's SUBJECTIVE opinions are worthless. However I am no expert, so I appreciate having another set of eyes on even pictures so if something needs to be done I can get input on how big a deal it is. There is alot that this truck needs that doesn't seem like a big deal on paper, but someone might see a picture and say "I did that it was a PITA!" In which case I can use that information to either walk away or attempt to get a better price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom