Builds Wyoming 1979 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's finally out of the shop and seeing daylight again. Off to get exhaust work done.

IMG-3205.jpg

Subscribed.

Fun story and inspiring thread.

I sold my first 40 after high school to fund a trip to Europe that ended up kick starting my life’s path in many ways.

That olive is very high on my list as a dream color.

Rock on.
Ian

Subscribed.

Fun story and inspiring thread.

I sold my first 40 after high school to fund a trip to Europe that ended up kick starting my life’s path in many ways.

That olive is very high on my list as a dream color.

Rock on.
Ian

Thanks. Now you have me intrigued about the kickstart of your life's path... Olive is one of my favs, Mustard is also high on my list since that's the color of my first.

Nice work on the headliner, in particular those smooth corners. :clap:

Who did the custom work on your rims?? Are you happy with the result? They look top shelf with the Grabbers.👍
I had a place called Bill's Welding do the work. I think they were in SC. (704) 872-7528. I had to do a little fine tuning before paint.

Excellent work. What did you use for the liner underneath and in the cab? I assume it was sprayed on? That looks amazing. I sent you a couple of PMs as I have the same year and I restarting a resto that was started many years back. I have the same color and would like to do the same with the liner. Also would love to get your thoughts on the distributor situation. I just found out mine is toast and I am looking for options. You’ve given me motivation for sure.

Wow, sure looks similar. I didn't get my ARB for $85 😂

There was a local shop doing a restore on an Australian market late 40 series troopy. They were selling the Thomas winch (reason the bumper is notched, the bull bar and a bracket with these two lights.
IMG_20180919_164403642.jpg

Winch was sold but wasn't interested as it was so large. Didn't have any interest in the lights and just gave them to me. Even the bumper didn't have any interest. Was on CL for a while.

Bought a real steel "deluxe" tailgate for when I'm going topless. I knew it was a gamble because the floor pan panel I bought from them for my 40 was not even close to matching and required a lot of fabrication to make it look stock. Looks like they packed it damaged as the box was in perfect shape. It is also missing the bracket on the middle bottom that mounts to the floor. Can't say I'm surprised, but it was disappointing. Looks like I'll have to get the welder back out. I also don't love the sharp top edge, will have to do something with that as well.

IMG_4482.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom