Open Diff with Locker Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

I've a 75 series with f/r lockers. Can I use a limited slip rear with the locker.

Cheers

DD

Donald,

You can put in a limited slip differential, but you lose the locker. Not a great swap IMO. What is wrong with the locker that is in there? Is it factory? Detroit Differential makes the Electrac, a limited slip that can be locked, but they don't make one that fits the Landcruiser.

Dave

Hmmm. Though a limited slip would help with traction a little, I don't see it helping all that much when you've already got a locker in there... If you start loosing traction, turn on the locker. I guess an LSD would help more with road driving though. But hell, it's a 75, why would you drive it on th road? :D

-Ferg-

Its mainly for launching my boat, I get alot of wheel spin up the ramp and its a pain in the a## putting it into 4x4 for 10 metres.

[quote author=donalddasher link=board=21;threadid=11587;start=msg105753#msg105753 date=1076962190]
Its mainly for launching my boat, I get alot of wheel spin up the ramp and its a pain in the a## putting it into 4x4 for 10 metres.

[/quote]

Get out the wiring diagram and diddle up a switch to only lock the rear. Then you can use it in 2wd.

Toyota does have an LSD available for your vehicle but they are not that good.

Get out the wiring diagram and diddle up a switch to only lock the rear. Then you can use it in 2wd.

The std switch has a sequential setup (?) rear first then front.

The question I have is do you need to go into 4x4 to activate the rear locker using the std switch?? ???

yes but you can modify it(if its likea a 80 series) to work in high range and maybe without even locking the hubs.

[quote author=donalddasher link=board=21;threadid=11587;start=msg106110#msg106110 date=1077015400]
The std switch has a sequential setup (?) rear first then front.

The question I have is do you need to go into 4x4 to activate the rear locker using the std switch?? ???
[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom