ONSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

moving my question here:

so how does insurance work on my 80 series

I purchased it for more than what it is currently worth.
If I was to switch from liability to full coverage, in the event I end up like that person, with liability insurance, would I be compensated for only what the insurance company "values" the vehicle at?

(probably somewhere around 3-4k)
What Jason says. Also though if your insurance company goes off NADA value it's already pretty good. I think the average condition value for my 92 when I didn't the vermont registration last year was 9.5k

Hagerty was surprisingly affordable for my ‘97. I am still with State Farm though.

Clearing out Donner Summit. It got 210" of snow in December alone.

FB_IMG_1674407716643.jpg

Today was the second day of Barrett Jackson Scottsdale. It is on the tube and net live starting at 5, being replayed now at 11:30 PM all week.
If you are a car guy, you need to experience this before you die. We have great memories of the week we spent there. Beautiful area, find the Apache Rd.

Throwing this out there - any A/V / electrical / handyman company out in the CLT area to install 2 TVs on a wall for a business in CLT proper? Asking for my SO as companies in CLT are flaky as f* and they can't ever get anyone to actually do the work and all the A/V companies they've contacted only rent the equipment. They haven't bought the TVs yet - but guessing around 50" and will hang on the wall but not way up high - don't know the exact height yet, still getting locations of outlets/etc from facilities..... tia :)

I'm handier than some, but not most. I've hung a couple TV's after adding an outlet, etc and it isn't that hard but time consuming. I went this route after being quoted $2500 for the LABOR installing ONE wall mounted TV. I replied to the guy asking if it included the TV.

I'm handier than some, but not most. I've hung a couple TV's after adding an outlet, etc and it isn't that hard but time consuming. I went this route after being quoted $2500 for the LABOR installing ONE wall mounted TV. I replied to the guy asking if it included the TV.
Yeah, I can do it, too ;) = but I am 1k miles away. Plus they are an actual company and can spend the money to have something installed *professionally* (whatever that means, today) ;)

Working on upper color now. Board above windows is ridge for shed roof coming out another 12', you can see the stake in the lower left of the photo.

326499320_1002390177406656_6990259385053728085_n.jpg

Ya know, I had planned on getting one. But this lottery thing is not working out as planned.

I'm thinking its a collector-only, over-priced, too-small car that still needs a real lift, bigger tires and other expensive stuff. If I had $222K to "invest" I'd get something I could thrash around in, and put the rest of the money into something less risky. But who knows, with a billion dollars, maybe a car museum in Pittsboro would be a good thing :)

Supposedly collector porsche’s have outperformed the stock market and many other investments over the past 20 years. I’ll see if i can find the article.

I think new 911’s are way too big. The previous 997’s size was much better. The new 911 is bloated.

All my life I have viewed dirt as a sound investment, little else, perhaps gold. The classic car market, across the board has risen to investment level. There is a whole market out there of shops tearing down $20-50k vehicles and putting out $250K plus vehicles. The market of shops tearing into $10K-20K vehicles and turning out $100K plus vehicles is enormous.

Picture of Mt Rainier down the street from my mom's house.
FB_IMG_1675543386528.jpg

The plan is for me to be there for the whole event.
Keefer and I are arriving in Hammertown early Friday morning and I think Adam is arriving the day before on Thursday. See you there :cheers:

There is very limited service out on the lake bed. Let me know where you guys are camping and I will come find you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom