ONSC Chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

time to 3 link the front.
I dunno. Seems like it would end up costing more than expected for an area of the country that doesn’t have a ton of worthy trail systems. Plus need a tow rig; well that part might be quasi covered now but 4 trips a year doesn’t seem worth it. Frame is tweaked a bit. Body mounts torn. Body has a wave/buckle in it.
I was thinking how nice it was that Free shut down the interstate so I could walk on it unfettered. That and how cool my Trooper looked with a James Baroud on top of it. Rooftop on his rig ten minutes before his physics lesson, devastating incident that thankfully he and the pooches were unhurt, and my new home away from home if I had $1200.

Edit:

Signed: Gleeful MF’r.
Ah yes. Rookie cop on week 1 of his new statie role. Even in her last glamour shot truck was so nice till she wasn’t. But that double decker rack stack is impressive. I take payments btw ;)

😘
Damn Jason, very relieved to hear you and the pooches are ok! That looks as if it coulda been a whole helluva lot worse. Also sad that an iconic 80 has met its demise.:mad:

Let me guess, the woman driving the Subaru took off?
Thanks Joe. That was the most important piece.

Actually she stuck around till the end. Well over an hour. Maybe two. She’s the one I handed Katie too without realizing it. BTW. When the ass end of an 80 is on top the barrier and the nose on the ground and you climb out the door with no front tire to stand on ……. That’s a long way down!

She offered to be a witness. Said some guy stopped in front of her and he took off 🤷‍♂️

Cops didn’t make effort to talk to her.
Attorney didn’t bother calling her.
It’s all a damn game that sometimes you’re forced to play. 💩

My Daughter swipes a guy from behind on Sugar Creek in Charlotte like 2 years ago. He stops abruptly to take a right into his home. Damages her right fender area, but nothing horrible - she almost missed him. No frame on frame, etc. It basically creased her car body from light to fender well - we ended up zip-tying it back together given her $$ and likelihood to hit something else. LOL

Older man has a full steel rear bumper on his truck. She hit his back left side.

She takes a picture of his bumper - not even a mark.

Instead of calling the police, like I have told her to, she records most of their conversation on the phone. He says he is fine, "didn't even feel it" and "he shouldn't have stopped so fast," etc. She tells me she didn't call the police, because she didn't want him to get in trouble :\ I was like "well its 99.99% likely your fault, but the police could have helped with that as well as had him checked out if needed."

We tried to get some umbrella insurance a ~year later to cover our business and personal stuff. Find out then (after 30 mins on the phone with the sales guy) the truck driver ended up suing USAA for a neck injury. I had to call a different USAA number at this point asking about it. They don't seem to want to talk about it. I offer the pictures, the phone conversation, etc. I uploaded a pic. No follow-up of us, anything. Very weird.

My face is probably on some "America's least wanted insuree" list now.

Last edited:
I dunno. Seems like it would end up costing more than expected for an area of the country that doesn’t have a ton of worthy trail systems. Plus need a tow rig; well that part might be quasi covered now but 4 trips a year doesn’t seem worth it. Frame is tweaked a bit. Body mounts torn. Body has a wave/buckle in it.

Ah yes. Rookie cop on week 1 of his new statie role. Even in her last glamour shot truck was so nice till she wasn’t. But that double decker rack stack is impressive. I take payments btw ;)

😘

Thanks Joe. That was the most important piece.

Actually she stuck around till the end. Well over an hour. Maybe two. She’s the one I handed Katie too without realizing it. BTW. When the ass end of an 80 is on top the barrier and the nose on the ground and you climb out the door with no front tire to stand on ……. That’s a long way down!

She offered to be a witness. Said some guy stopped in front of her and he took off 🤷‍♂️

Cops didn’t make effort to talk to her.
Attorney didn’t bother calling her.
It’s all a damn game that sometimes you’re forced to play. 💩

Is the '20 Tacoma the "new truck?" Or are you doing something different to replace the 80? :)

Is the '20 Tacoma the "new truck?" Or are you doing something different to replace the 80? :)
We got an observant one here guys!!! ;)

20 taco is work truck. Not owned by me. Yet

the replacement ride I secured Friday. Made legal today. Posted in the members ridesthread but went to the bougie side for a bit to se how it treats me.

Picked up a 2008 in DC Friday. Will get right on that sig edit :)

My Daughter swipes a guy from behind on Sugar Creek in Charlotte like 2 years ago. He stops abruptly to take a right into his home. Damages her right fender area, but nothing horrible - she almost missed him. No frame on frame, etc. It basically creased her car body from light to fender well - we ended up zip-tying it back together given her $$ and likelihood to hit something else. LOL

Older man has a full steel rear bumper on his truck. She hit his back left side.

She takes a picture of his bumper - not even a mark.

Instead of calling the police, like I have told her to, she records most of their conversation on the phone. He says he is fine, "didn't even feel it" and "he shouldn't have stopped so fast," etc. She tells me she didn't call the police, because she didn't want him to get in trouble :\ I was like "well its 99.99% likely your fault, but the police could have helped with that as well as had him checked out if needed."

We tried to get some umbrella insurance a ~year later to cover our business and personal stuff. Find out then (after 30 mins on the phone with the sales guy) the truck driver ended up suing USAA for a neck injury. I had to call a different USAA number at this point asking about it. They don't seem to want to talk about it. I offer the pictures, the phone conversation, etc. I uploaded a pic. No follow-up of us, anything. Very weird.

My face is probably on some "America's least wanted insuree" list now.
Don’t like USAA…My daughter bought her first car on her own last year, VW wagon, and was rear ended at traffic light last week by a jeep. She called to let us know they were okay, and she lawyer lawyer lawyer. I was proud she remembered, insurance companies job is to deny deny deny payment, and lawyers make them sweat it out. The unfortunate reality of the business.

Don’t like USAA…My daughter bought her first car on her own last year, VW wagon, and was rear ended at traffic light last week by a jeep. She called to let us know they were okay, and she lawyer lawyer lawyer. I was proud she remembered, insurance companies job is to deny deny deny payment, and lawyers make them sweat it out. The unfortunate reality of the business.
I have zero experience with USAA, just empiric data from others' first hand experience. I will say years ago I heard great things about them. Not anymore. One guy had his house burn to the ground and USAA has still NOT given him one shekel from his (then current) policy. Guy is still paying on a pile of ashes last I heard.

Damn Jason! As others have said, super thankful that you and the pups are ok, but sad to see the 80 taken out.

Was supposed to be wheeling in Alabama this week, rain and lack of planning moved the trip to TN.

Got to Maryville TN Wednesday night, wheeled Sand mines (TWRA Land) Thursday, rain gave us a late start Friday but we ate a breakfast buffet at Shoney's and hit some stuff at windsock, and then Saturday we hit more TWRA Royal Blue trails.

Sand mines was cool, I'd love to check out more of the playground areas, my rear locker is current incapacitated so I was at a handicap all week.

The trails we hit yesterday in Royal Blue SUCKED. I'm sure there is some good stuff in there but we got almost exclusively muddy ruts and then even worse massive mud holes. Very little actual rock crawling. The place was eat up with side by sides. But still a good day on the trails.

IMG_0025.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

Was supposed to be wheeling in Alabama this week, rain and lack of planning moved the trip to TN.

Got to Maryville TN Wednesday night, wheeled Sand mines (TWRA Land) Thursday, rain gave us a late start Friday but we ate a breakfast buffet at Shoney's and hit some stuff at windsock, and then Saturday we hit more TWRA Royal Blue trails.

Sand mines was cool, I'd love to check out more of the playground areas, my rear locker is current incapacitated so I was at a handicap all week.

The trails we hit yesterday in Royal Blue SUCKED. I'm sure there is some good stuff in there but we got almost exclusively muddy ruts and then even worse massive mud holes. Very little actual rock crawling. The place was eat up with side by sides. But still a good day on the trails.

View attachment 3584747

View attachment 3584748

View attachment 3584749

View attachment 3584750

View attachment 3584751
For once I made it through a trip with out breaking anything, worst damage was ripping my grill off like 10 times. I have a long list of things I plan to change soon. Like making the 37s for so diff out slightly less. And having suspension that actually flexes.

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0064.jpeg

IMG_0922.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

This popped up on the deals forum here on Mud. The Koito headlight kit from the toyota dealers is on sale for <$20 from my local dealer. Great deal considering it includes the harness and bulbs. I bought this kit early on and have since replaced it but great value.

This popped up on the deals forum here on Mud. The Koito headlight kit from the toyota dealers is on sale for <$20 from my local dealer. Great deal considering it includes the harness and bulbs. I bought this kit early on and have since replaced it but great value.

I just used this kit on my KZJ90, agreed - for the price, it's a steal! And having headlights that shine beyond 4 ft and are LHD-specific are nice bonuses! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom