On board GPS 2013 LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if the onX Offroad application will load on the OEM GPS in my LX 570? It does have an Apps menu but no apps are loaded.

Does anyone know if the onX Offroad application will load on the OEM GPS in my LX 570? It does have an Apps menu but no apps are loaded.
Got a good chuckle out of that one. You have to think of the term "apps" in a much broader sense. The OEM system isn't going to run any Android/IOS/Microsoft apps. To put it the nicest way possible, Toyota/Lexus added the apps section to keep up with the Jone's, but then never supported or expanded it in anyway. If it's not already on that screen, you most likely aren't adding anything.

I don't use OnX, but it looks like they have a Carplay extension for their app. So if you got a Carplay adapter for the LX, you'd be able to use it that way.

Got a good chuckle out of that one. You have to think of the term "apps" in a much broader sense. The OEM system isn't going to run any Android/IOS/Microsoft apps. To put it the nicest way possible, Toyota/Lexus added the apps section to keep up with the Jone's, but then never supported or expanded it in anyway. If it's not already on that screen, you most likely aren't adding anything.

I don't use OnX, but it looks like they have a Carplay extension for their app. So if you got a Carplay adapter for the LX, you'd be able to use it that way.
Thank You, I really didn't think I could, just dreaming haha...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom