OME suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys are great to be able to help each other out with the tests. let us know what you end up with

Hello! here is the picture of the wheel i installed! Enjoy!:)

Hi. Looks AWESOME !

Can you do me a favor please....check/measure/photograph the gap between your upper control arm and tire. With this wheel (if it is the 18"x9.5" ET55), the gap behind top of front tires may be very tight so I am curious.

Thank you.

Hi. Looks AWESOME !

Can you do me a favor please....check/measure/photograph the gap between your upper control arm and tire. With this wheel (if it is the 18"x9.5" ET55), the gap behind top of front tires may be very tight so I am curious.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I sold the wheels already and put back the stock 17" wheel with 285-70-17 BFG. :bang:

But don't you worry because the Volk TE37 was designed for LC's so rest assure that there will be no problem on it.

Metalic knock.

Thanks. Must be it as the rear springs were re-tightened after installation when I had it checked so it probably loosened again

Hi - new in here - but I too had the same noise when I had my sus upgraded. The guy who fitted it tried to re-tighten but no good. I got the shocker replaced and so far so good.

F.Y.I I had
2703 LC200 Front Spring - 100Kg
91005 LC200 Front Strut
2724 LC200 Rear Spring - 400Kg
61030 LC200 Rear Shock Absorber

The back is a little high - ok, i tow a camper when on trips so it all balances out.

onthehill.JPG

How did you guys sort out the metal on metal noise? Did you use the extra washers method that nospell shared via this thread?

I have the ome rear sport 61029 shocks and 273 springs. The top nut on rear shock seems to get loose time and again. Many thanks.

Last edited:
I searched and could not find the answer- I have the 2.5" OME and for the last year I have had this annoying squeaky coming from the rear shock. I mean you can push on the truck with your hand and it makes this noise- like an old swing at the playground. You can bounce it with your hand or foot. It started about 6 months after install. I tried to tighten the top nut as much as I could and thought I had it fixed. It is only one the one shock and not both.

I'm not sure if it is the shock itself going up and down on the shaft or from the top nut area. Has anyone had OME send a new shock or had this problem?

The noise you are hearing is a result of the threads on the OME shock do not go all the way down to the top of the shock housing. Because of this the nut can't be tightened all the way and the metal shock washer acts like a high-hat symbol. The fix is real easy. I used the old strut washer from the stock struts. That extra "shim" allows the nut on the rear shock to bite more threads and get tight. Hope this helps. Mine is quiet as can be after this fix.

Never could get rid of the metal clack noise on my ome rears so trashed them. Zilch noise with icons.

The noise you are hearing is a result of the threads on the OME shock do not go all the way down to the top of the shock housing. Because of this the nut can't be tightened all the way and the metal shock washer acts like a high-hat symbol. The fix is real easy. I used the old strut washer from the stock struts. That extra "shim" allows the nut on the rear shock to bite more threads and get tight. Hope this helps. Mine is quiet as can be after this fix.

This, coupled with the centering washer not properly located and allowing the shock stem to touch the metal of the frame is the most common noise associated with rear shocks on the 200 and other Toyota installs.

This, coupled with the centering washer not properly located and allowing the shock stem to touch the metal of the frame is the most common noise associated with rear shocks on the 200 and other Toyota installs.

Thanks Cristo and all. I did get this set up from you and was going to call. Looks like I need to break her down.

Hey Guys

New to the forum, recently fitted OME lift have

91005 LC200 Front Strut
2723 LC200 Rear Spring - 200Kg
61029 LC200 Rear Shock Absorber

The back is still sitting a bit higher then the front has anyone got the same issue ? Has anyone fitted any spaces to the front to level it back out after the lift ?

Cheers

Hey Guys

New to the forum, recently fitted OME lift have

91005 LC200 Front Strut
2723 LC200 Rear Spring - 200Kg
61029 LC200 Rear Shock Absorber

The back is still sitting a bit higher then the front has anyone got the same issue ? Has anyone fitted any spaces to the front to level it back out after the lift ?

Cheers

Put 200kgs in the back, and a 100kg bumper on the front and it won't sit higher in the rear.

Thanks Cristo and all. I did get this set up from you and was going to call. Looks like I need to break her down.
Noise all gone. All it took was putting an additional thick washer on both shock top threads between existing washer and nut. I let I bug me for a year and it took 1 hr and $1 part to fix. Geez. Thanks- one of the best mud advice given! Ha.

Resurrecting this thread as am swapping out 2702/2721 for 2703/2724 after MT4x4 front bumper, RLC rear bumper, and Bud Built sliders.

This thread has a few guys with 2703s, so thought you guys could help me.

Gonna do the install at home and have what will probably be a dumb question.

The spring compressors on amazon range from 11” to 14”, but the freestanding height of the 2703s is over 17”. Should I seek out a longer spring compressor or is an 11” or a 14” compressor just fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom