Old school points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where i can get, or have a part number for the eary style fj40 dizzy points. its for the kind of dizzy with the internal mounted condeser. i ordered some points from napa for like a 67fj40(not acutally sure what year the dizzy is) but the points dont fit. the new ones have holes where the screws go, but the one i need has slots where the screws go for point-gap adjustment. i called toyota and asked for points starting with the year range 58, but they said they can look back that far. so i anyone knows a part number to cross refrence, or where i can find them, or even what year im looking for it would help. thanks!

I haven't tried this number with Toyota to see if it's still available, but using my 1965 Toyota parts book, I came up with 04191-40010 for the distributor kit, which includes the points.

thanks for the number i will try and see if its the right part, as for the holeson the other one, i believe that one hole is oblong(sp) for movement.

im not sure that that part number is right because i went to this website and that product number corresponds to the points "D33" in the pic, bbut what i have looks more like the d80a or the d34n. im still not sure what i need.

If your dizzy is old enough to be truly 'old-school' it should have a metal tag on the side with an embossed number on it that is the dizzy PN. That should help identify the dizzy.

67 DID use the points with the enclosed end rather than the slot. There was a small brass cam that fit into that end and down into the rotating plate below the points. The cam was [is] slotted and allows for adjusting the points via the cam, rather than at the opposite end of the points. Also note that this type of dizzy had the brass tower that the points slipped over [usually referred to as two-piece points.

Since you make no mention of the brass tower, I would assume that you have a replacement dizzy from a newer year. Those would look like the D34N. You can ask for points for a 74 cruiser and those should work fine. ;)

What's the part number of the distributor? Chances are you may need to call someone like Jim Chenowith to figure out what you need.

Toyota has always had them for all my points dizzy's.......best quailty, good price.=

well i thought that i had an older dizzy, but i i guess its possible that it is newer than my truck. the only thing is, is that the condenser that i got was a ts-508 according to thatweb site. and i thought that this type of condenser was only on the early dizzys. is there anyway i can match the condensor to the right points? by the way i did not see any tag on the dizzy to identify it.

landcruiserdude said:
I haven't tried this number with Toyota to see if it's still available, but using my 1965 Toyota parts book, I came up with 04191-40010 for the distributor kit, which includes the points.
That is still the current number for early points set.
Still available from Toyota dealer for $6.99list.

Condensor is 19133-60040, still available for $4list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom