Old man emu CS009r (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is mine with the same OME spring packs and no weight in the back. Springs have less than a years worth of driving on them.

6647A314-0F9B-4D73-B5F6-68224AC04555.png

I think Geoross got the correct springs. He just didn’t lift the front. His lift height experience pretty much matches mine.

I’m pretty much at 21” even center of hub to fender lip with these modified spring packs.

Ahh. I didn’t catch that you guys weren’t using matching fronts. That makes more (no) sense now, except for the complaints about needing 500 lbs to make it ride nicely. I guess that could be due to the angles? I’ll measure my hub to fender height once the monsoons stop. Not going out there right now!

I’m at exactly 22” hub Center to fender on the rears.

Last edited:
This is mine with the same OME spring packs and no weight in the back. Springs have less than a years worth of driving on them.

View attachment 2169901
I love the way your truck is sitting! I've been researching these leaf springs for a couple months now and just worried about ride being to stiff and most importantly too much lift. I am currently using the zuk mod as a band aid but my center of axle to fender is 22". I would like to stay the same height and it seems yours is.

I just want to clarify what you are using in the back, it is a OME CS009R modified pack right? Did you remove the overload and an additional spring?

If the Zuk mod was done then you don't have the landing pads for the bump-stops. At least how mine was done by the PO resulted in the mostly loss of them. That proved to be a problem one late night in the Carrizo Plane. Used the tires as the bump-stops and likely hurt/destroyed those rauncho RS5k's. I need to finish cutting off the pads and do the Pathfinder mod.

If the Zuk mod was done then you don't have the landing pads for the bump-stops. At least how mine was done by the PO resulted in the mostly loss of them. That proved to be a problem one late night in the Carrizo Plane. Used the tires as the bump-stops and likely hurt/destroyed those rauncho RS5k's. I need to finish cutting off the pads and do the Pathfinder mod.

I was able to do the zuk mod without removing the pads for the bump stops. Everything is still in tact from factory, i used 3rd gen 4runner rear springs

The Zuk coil spring mod? The way mine was done and that I've seen it done is to cut part of the pad on the frame off and use what remains to contain the top of the coil.

The Zuk coil spring mod? The way mine was done and that I've seen it done is to cut part of the pad on the frame off and use what remains to contain the top of the coil.

Yes sir, Zuk coil spring mod. If you use a 3rd gen 4runner rear spring no cutting is needed. It fits perfectly around the bump stop and then around the frame bump stop pad.
20160422_083142.jpg

I just want to clarify what you are using in the back, it is a OME CS009R modified pack right? Did you remove the overload and an additional spring?

I’ll check on the model number on the springs. As far as I know, they are as shipped by OME.

44FAD9EF-DFDC-48D4-92FC-492FC4B5956F.jpeg

I took these out, sits level with BJ spacers and rides a hell of a lot better, but still stiff as hell, would probably improve if I had a rear bumper.

Did you set the pre-load to a level ride height or per the FSM's dimension?

View attachment 2480973
I took these out, sits level with BJ spacers and rides a hell of a lot better, but still stiff as hell, would probably improve if I had a rear bumper.
Do you have any pics or measurements of your truck with this set up? Thanks!

These rear leafs provide way more lift than advertised for sure ,this is before I leveled out the front with a Bj spacer ,these leafs had been on the runner a couple of years and never lost height .

C3EE790D-20F0-4F8D-B6C1-0C50F78595BB.jpeg

Do you have any pics or measurements of your truck with this set up? Thanks!
This is with the KTT that I dont have anymore, with the hard top on I have 35 1/4 inches from the ground with 31s and 6in to the top of the tire to the fender

IMG_0009.jpg

This is with the KTT that I dont have anymore, with the hard top on I have 35 1/4 inches from the ground with 31s and 6in to the top of the tire to the fender

View attachment 2567630
Thanks, that’s a good looking truck you have there and it sits nice. This is the route I’m going to take. There just aren’t that many options out there. With a bumper, hard top and some gear I’m hoping mine won’t be too high.

@SIZZLE these are the rough measurements I got, measuring from center of the axel to rear fender.
Before: 19.5" (busted stock springs & add a leaf)
After: 23.5" (OME spring day 1)

After a couple of weekend off road trips they probably settled about .5" (no measurement). With my Softopper on I haven't noticed it come up much (if any)

20201031_073422.jpg

20201104_161345.jpg

20210101_133345.jpg

So I did what @1989toy4wd did with the leaf pack and got a similar result. I was at 3.5” from the top of my 31” tires to the fender before and 6” after. It sits a quarter to half inch higher on the passenger side where I put the + pack. Driver side got a - pack. We’ll see how it settles out.

I’m pretty happy with the result. It looks much more athletic and the ride is much better. Though it’s stiff, I have plenty of travel now and it doesn’t crash over small bumps. Doing some off roading this weekend and I’ll see how it handles.

Thanks for everyone’s help in this thread.

before:
63EFA47F-5D01-408E-9EC5-7D0CA2EE43A7.jpeg

after:
EC999F39-FA4B-4B01-BF72-FA245D894EF1.jpeg

I recall when these trucks first came out with IFS one of the guys bought one. The only complaint he ever had was off-road that those rear mudflaps are easy to back-up onto and tear off. I know that he bought several sets before he just took them off for off-road trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom