Oil pressure sensor wiring issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently removed my intake manifold to replace the manifold gaskets. Anyhow I put it back together and now the oil pressure gauge isn't working right.

I can't remember how I took it apart as the project spanned many weeks.

I have these two plugs left over. One is 24v the other might be ground. I only see one plug on the oil pressure sensor. The black / yellow is 24v, when plugged into the sensor, it shows max pressure. The other plug the sensor stays bottomed out. Looking at a wire diagram I dug up on the subject I think the sensor is a resistance type. What plug goes where?

IMG_20230714_133643.jpg

The next mystery is this plug that has a wire that looks like it got pulled out or chewed by a rat. for context the black wire connects to the intake manifold and I suspect it is the thermal sensor for the glow plugs to activate for cold start or not. Any ideas what the torn wire goes to? Is it par of the oil pressure sensor circuit?

IMG_20230714_133714.jpg

Thanks!

The oil pressure sensor has two connections. The black wire attaches with a funky fitting to the top circle. The clear wire attaches to the side.

1689804396763.png

1689804465210.png

The other picture is way too zoomed in to see what it goes to. However, it looks like a connector for the automatic transmission.
1689804529253.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom