Oil in O2 Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My ‘97 With 210,000 miles was having a variety of symptoms earlier this year that would come and go. Loss of power (I.e, press gas pedal and truck wouldn’t do much) and would hear sone knocking noises which seemed to originate on passenger side of engine compartment. That would go away after driving a few blocks. However, would get a pretty rough idle when stopped at red light and engine seemed like it wanted to die. This was consistent and didn’t go away.

Check engine light finally came on and gave a P0130 code. Repair shop replaced O2 sensors and that seemed to do the trick. However, 6 weeks later these problems have returned. Pulled the O2 sensor and it has oil on it (on the inside) so seems that we are burning oil and it is contaminating the sensor. Throwing P0130 and P0133 codes now. Going to check PCV valve This weekend.

Is this a rebuid scenario? That is not cheap and not sure I can afford that or the boss lady will let me put that much $ into it. Need to track oil consumption as this is not my daily driver anymore. I have had the cruiser for a long time (21+ years) so there is definitely a love affair with this cruiser.

Would appreciate any thoughts on what is going on as i know enough to be dangerous but not a wrencher by any stretch.

Thanks!

Do you add oil regularly? Do you ever see bluish colored smoke from te tail pipe? Have you inspected the spark plugs? What other signs are there that the engine is using oil?

Thanks baldilocks

was going to plugs this weekend. No smoke from tail pipe. I do add oil but going to spend some time tracking it as not my daily driver as I had some prior leaks so figured oil consumption was combo of those leaks and normal consumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom