Oil filter 30002-8T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A bit of new info on the filter design:
The filter consists of one full-flow and one bypass element, so that more of the oil is filtered. The oil through the bypass element goes straight back to the sump when the pressure is higher than what the lubrication areas require.
30002 filter.jpg

Did anyone find out what's the difference between the 8T and the non-8T filters apart from the later being made in japan?

I think the verdict is that the 8T is at least as good. But, be aware, there are fake filters for sale, both on fleabay and elsewhere, marked Toyota/Denso, but not made by or for.

I think the verdict is that the 8T is at least as good. But, be aware, there are fake filters for sale, both on fleabay and elsewhere, marked Toyota/Denso, but not made by or for.
I’m buying from partsouq. I hope they don’t carry fake stuff

I trust PartSouq fully. Never heard of any hickups there.

This is an old thread, but I think these pictures and information are worth reviving it.

I will show the internals of the FRAM PH5123 oil filter (replacement for toyota 30002), but more important is to show how one can screw up the internal seal if the filter is not fitted carefully or not having both seals lubed before fitting (both main and internal seals).

The pictures show how my internal seal was accidentally pushed away (partially) from its place while fitting the filter. And it remained like that for 10.000Km. This seal is the only thing that keeps the two oil circuits separate (full flow and by-pass), so in this case the two filter elements were actually working like a single element filter, with both circuits communicating through the misplaced seal.

I tinink this is no big deal, but, it's better to prevent it from happening. Same goes for all engines using this type of dual element filter.

Click the thumbnail images to enlarge

How I found the inner seal:

Filter internals:

- Well, the 8T variety is a bit different from the plain vanilla.
- I see from the images in the link that I could probably pull it more apart.
- The red part seems to act as a valve in addition to being a seal for the bottom filter.
See pix below and compare to 4wdmonthly.com.au - This website is for sale! - 4wdmonthly Resources and Information. - http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=23367
View attachment 115840View attachment 115841View attachment 115842
have faith in Toyota. they may have moved their manufacturing from Japan to Thailand. Toyota won't skimp on Quality!
I can't find any of the Made in Japan filters but I'm sticking to OEM Toyota for as long as possible!

Just make sure you're not buying fakes! Many fake counterfeit Toyota parts in the wild always buy from a trusted source.

Anyone know the efficiency and micron rating of the Toyota oil filter

Anyone know the efficiency and micron rating of the Toyota oil filter
Iirc, that was listed in a lcool thread. Can't find lcool these days - what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom