OIl fill on Split-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where is the oil fill on a 83 split case? If its the 24 mm nut on the rear of the case i'm fxxxed cuz mines stripped and theres no way of getting it out..:mad: i should have figured that out before I drained it!

is there any other way to fill the case aside from tipping the truck over and filling it from the drain plug?:grinpimp:

That 24mm bolt sounds like the fill port! You are not the first to make that mistake. Put a pipe wrench on it and turn it out, or weld a big nut on to the plug and turn it out with a 6 POINT SOCKET.

For the future, always crack open the fill, before you drain oil out of anything.

There really isn't an easy way to fill a split t-case, though I think if you carefully removed an upper bolt on the output cover, those bolts penetrate the case and you might be able to squeeze 2 quarts of gear oil in that way.

Good luck.

thanks man, learning is fun, just harsh sometimes!

no go on the pliers, biotch is stuck on there tight!

you will have to use a pipe wrench or as Cruiserdrew suggested tack weld a nut threw the center and then remove. good luck

You need a pipe wrench. That should work.

Pliers willl never work.

you will have to use a pipe wrench or as Cruiserdrew suggested tack weld a nut threw the center and then remove. good luck

yeah, i did use a pipe wrench, said pliers on accident

tryin the tack weld manyana, its dark here now

Got it through the top output seal bolt, wasn't too bad to squeeze in the oil, just took some time! Thanks for the tip Cruiserdrew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom