OHV Work Day & Meeting this Saturday, March 19th at 8 am (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone – This Saturday, March 19th we’re going to first have a coordination meeting at the Uwharrie Off-Road Training Center from 8 am to 9:15 am and then the OHV Trail Work Day will begin at 9:30 at Uwharrie Hunt Camp. Deb Bare from Lil’ Rampage Off-Road Club reached out to us to have a meeting to go over some key topics and we thought we’d also go over the final Uwharrie National Forest Trail Strategy for the motorized trails that we had to cancel in March of 2020. Susan Miller, our District Ranger, Annilie Kelley, our new LEO & I will meet with you all at the UORTC at 8 am. I have attached an agenda that I worked on with Deb and our folks here. I’ve also attached the final Trail Strategy Compilation Tables with comments and direction, the spreadsheet for Proposed Trail Updates for all trails and the map of the Badin Lake Area where the motorized trails are and will remain. I will have several copies of these with me (except for the map). I’ll have 2 copies of the map.

Following the meeting where we gather your ideas and input on the agenda topics those that are doing the OHV Work Day will go to the Uwharrie Hunt Camp to meet Kyle & Brock by 9:30. The projects for this weekend are to repair the wooden guiderail fencing on the Dickey Bell Trail and to install guardrails on the Daniel Trail. I have flagged out the sites on Daniel Trail and I’ll have it written up for Kyle & Brock.

Also, if any one is chainsaw certified and has their chainsaw and their personal protective equipment with them on Saturday there are several downed trees here and there that need to be cut back and cleared that are in the trail tread. Make sure to bring your chainsaw card and all of your PPE if you want to do that work. Also, any one going with the sawyers to be a swamper needs to have long pants, long sleeves, work gloves, closed toed shoes and a hard hat with them to work with the sawyer. We’ll, of course, have plenty of trash to pick up and downed branches and tree debris that can be cleaned off of the trails.

Everyone that will be doing the work day please have the appropriate work clothes, closed toed shoes, work gloves, water and food. If you have your club’s volunteer agreements and group roster please bring them on Saturday and turn them into Brock & Kyle. Thank you for all of your help. Bye - Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom