Ohana Rig Supply - struggles. Advice wanted. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum, here is my saga.

I placed an order with Ohana Rig Supply from their website on February 7th. There is a large banner on the site that states: "All orders ship within 12 to 48 hours of payment being received and will include tracking information." It also indicates that if it's a production based product that it can take longer (several weeks). The item I ordered is smaller, and is not shown anywhere that it is a production based or build to order item.

February 12th I send a message asking about status.
February 12th I get a reply that it will go out in a day or two.
February 22nd I send a message asking about status.
February 22nd I get a reply that it will go out tomorrow with tracking info.
February 28th I send a message that I never got tracking info and asking status again.
I do not get a reply.
February 29th I send another status check message.
February 29th I get a reply that "it will go out today" message, followed a bit later by a notice that "a label has been created"

As expected, I have not seen any movement of the item.....it's merely a label.

The trouble is that I really want the item and it's unique (100 Series center console molle mount).

What is my next move here? I'd love to contest payment on my card, but again, I want the item.

I looked at their site. Contact us is a email link only. No phone or address.
It says New HQ Southern California. Zero shipping information!! No return info or
policy. I’d never have ordered from them in the first place. If they don’t want to talk to you.
Ask them for a refund. See how they answer.
My impression is red flags all over.
The best place for this thread is in the forum section of whatever truck you own. That way
other owners of whatever truck you have probably have been there ahead of you and might be
able to share experiences.

I wondered where to put this, but I didn't think it was "100 Series Tech" ?

Agreed in hind sight......I will continue to poke them and hopefully it shows. I am tempted to contest the charge on the card as well.

Does it say anywhere on the information you received, “Made to Order?” If it does they’re saying it could take 4 - 8 weeks. If not contest it, or you could be nice and ask for a refund and tell them not to charge the 15% cancel fee. Their lack of transparency has not earned such niceties, in my humble opinion. I know moving a company is a major undertaking however it can make or break them, especially it they’re not communicating well. Do you know when their move happened or how far it was? These are the things I’d be considering if I really, really wanted the product.

I wondered where to put this, but I didn't think it was "100 Series Tech" ?

Agreed in hind sight......I will continue to poke them and hopefully it shows. I am tempted to contest the charge on the card as well.
credit card company will back you, especially with your good documentation. I had to similare w. russian embay headlight situation driven by invasion/sanctions that prevented trade. CC backed me w. full refund.

It did not and still does not indicate "made to order". In fact, a web search for the item will indicate "in stock" under their site....although the site itself does not say "in stock".

I sent another message asking why the label was printed and the item has never shown on UPS website. The reply was a photo of a box with my label on it saying "they just haven't been by for a pick up yet". I got excited.....but after 3 more days the tracking # does not appear in the UPS web tracking. Crap, I look back at the photo, and all you can see is a box beside another box both with labels.....close enough of an image that you can't see if the box is sealed up or open/empty. I feel as though this was intentional. At last count I have been lied to 5 times.

I will wait until Monday or Tuesday this week to see if by magic the package starts to move. Going forward I will recount the entire chain of events on their instagram and Facebook pages stating only the truth and let the reader decide for themselves if it's good business practice. ;)

Today's update-
me -- Ok, enough is enough. The label on the box trick is low. The package has not ever been logged into UPS. I have now been lied to about 5 times. What's the story?
ORS -- The boxes weren't picked up. It's still here. The tracking will update today unless you want to cancel the order.
me -- I have been patient. I want the part and I want honesty. I don't think it's too much to ask.
ORS-- I've been honest, something's do slip in these messages with timing, but all orders get sent out. There's days I only do production and some days we just do shipping. Your order box was packed and labeled. It never got picked up.

And so I will wait until day's end in hopes it gets picked up. I hesitate to blast them on social media until I get the damn thing.

Just to close this out.....it finally did ship, and I have it.

It's a nice piece, and I'm happy I bought it.........I will have to REALLY think hard before I ever purchase from them again though. I don't think it's likely.

Hopefully, he gets everything sorted and shortens the order processing/shipping times. They do have some nice offerings, but I’d be hesitant to put an order in myself.

I have their center molle too and its fantastic. I got the sense that they are a one man show (like a lot of small specialty vendors). I have the same "issue" with my car (Miata) and the vendors. Slow shipping and poor coms seems to be the normal, not because they prefer it that way, but because they have no help. I have found is that if you are patient you can get some very trick stuff that the impatient will never own.

It took about a month to get the console steath panel for my 100 series. It was a slow process and I had some doubts about it but
I'm very satisfied with the product.

Agreed, it's not a good way to do business....I like the center console piece very much, will I buy anything else from there.....no.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of such establishments out there where the talent for creating is greater than the talent for business. It's also pretty easy for a small business to get overwhelmed - either by the business activities or by personal activities - when there are not a lot of options to delegate either responsibilities or tasks. It is something that kills a lot of small businesses if they cannot find a way to deal with it.

I totally agree. I have no idea what the situation is here, but I've seen things like it over and over again. I'm also a small business owner, so I know the forces that can be at work.

It may start off with the best of intentions - that they didn't get to it when they thought they would, but it's next on the list. But invariably if it keeps up, it becomes a bad habit - yeah, yeah, you and everyone else, I'll get to it, it's going out shortly... And that's the beginning of the end, whether it takes months or years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom