Official SD Cruisers Introduction Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys,

Here's my Troopy when I drove it to OR. Pretty much doing a lot of baseline maintenance, and getting it creature comforts (like a stereo in) and slowly building it into a tourer since my partner and I like to visit family in OR and UT and bring our dog and cat with us. Didn't realize until now that there's a San Diego clubhouse until now. Would love to meet up and get to know cruiser heads here once I put it back together.

View attachment 2414369
Sweet ride! I recently picked up a 100 series but haven't had the chance to meet up yet, would be cool to do so in the coming months.

What’s up boys and girls. I’m bringing this girl back to the San Diego area this month. Came up to Oregon coast for the last 6 months and ended up picking this up and now it’s time to get her out of this rainy rusty climate and into some dry heat. She’s a ‘97 LX unfortunately not triple locked with 282k on the clock. Originally sold in Hawaii (The salesman’s cars is still in the owners manual holder). Had to replace fan clutch, radiator, hoses, exhaust, belts, knock sensors, and an oil change. Hoping it makes the drive in one piece. She’s leaking oil not terribly but it’s messy down there so it’s been an issue for awhile. Look forward to meeting up on some trails down there real soon.

E9E2974E-2BDE-444A-9F0B-2A97F1355084.jpeg

1C93B179-3AF4-498F-9579-7B7B3F40A575.jpeg

What’s up boys and girls. I’m bringing this girl back to the San Diego area this month. Came up to Oregon coast for the last 6 months and ended up picking this up and now it’s time to get her out of this rainy rusty climate and into some dry heat. She’s a ‘97 LX unfortunately not triple locked with 282k on the clock. Originally sold in Hawaii (The salesman’s cars is still in the owners manual holder). Had to replace fan clutch, radiator, hoses, exhaust, belts, knock sensors, and an oil change. Hoping it makes the drive in one piece. She’s leaking oil not terribly but it’s messy down there so it’s been an issue for awhile. Look forward to meeting up on some trails down there real soon.

View attachment 2487454

View attachment 2487455
I like the color, like a forest green /British racing green?

I’m new also! Pics to come. In a bit of a dilemma. I have a 74 FJ40 that ran when I parked it- almost 20 years ago. Now I need to make a choice to sell or restore. I’d love some feedback on how much it may have cost anyone doing this. Not full resto, but just up and running, and if anyone used a shop to do it it SD

So I would hit up @1973Guppie as he does big builds like this.

Any help would be appreciated @1973Guppie ! My cruiser is currently in north LA county. Heading up tomorrow so I’ll take some pics and post them. Its not original engine. If I remember right it came out of a ‘63 corvette. Rust is at a minimum considering, but everything rubber and pliable will probably turn to dust when removed🤣 Will most likely be bringing her to SD this month as we need to find a new place to either store her until we fix or sell. Currently don’t have the space to do any work, so it would all have to be done elsewhere, which I know can get expensive.

Any help would be appreciated @1973Guppie ! My cruiser is currently in north LA county. Heading up tomorrow so I’ll take some pics and post them. Its not original engine. If I remember right it came out of a ‘63 corvette. Rust is at a minimum considering, but everything rubber and pliable will probably turn to dust when removed🤣 Will most likely be bringing her to SD this month as we need to find a new place to either store her until we fix or sell. Currently don’t have the space to do any work, so it would all have to be done elsewhere, which I know can get expensive.
just call me direct to discuss, thx.

I’ll throw a solid yes for @1973Guppie being a stand up dude.

thx for that I try, I have learned I can't make everyone happy but the majority are so I keep doing what I do!
Business owner knows… sucks but such is life. It’s the good ones that persevere unaffected.
Thanks for the quick reply to the PM btw

New to san diego, Headed to fish creek for my first time this Sunday (maybe Saturday night overnight). Look forward to joining some local runs.

99 lx
130k miles
arb front locker/compressor
ironman 2 inch lift
airbags
dissent bumpers

20211030_104541.jpg

Question for the group - I was planning to go to Coyote Canyon this upcoming weekend 4/29 - 5/1, with young kids. Looking at the weather has given us pause however, as the high in Anza Borrego is 94 for both days, which probably means we'll cancel. Are there other areas not too far from SD at higher altitudes which might be cooler? I hate to cancel...I've been looking forward to the trip for a month.

Big bear or Palomar mountain are options

New to san diego, Headed to fish creek for my first time this Sunday (maybe Saturday night overnight). Look forward to joining some local runs.

99 lx
130k miles
arb front locker/compressor
ironman 2 inch lift
airbags
dissent bumpers

View attachment 2992567
Nice looking ride.... Come join us some time...Beach N Toys. Heading to big Beqr next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom