Official SD Cruisers Introduction Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking ride.... Come join us some time...Beach N Toys. Heading to big Beqr next weekend.
Ill look for the details for the event on the beach n toys page!

Greetings;

97’ collector edition fzj80
Bought at 142K
Presently just beyond 175K

Bought and installed Slee 4” kit w/ the resi struts, medium springs and the metric equivalent of approx 34” I intended to have larger tires (prob still working that direction), but I didn’t hate the in between size and the stance etc, so it is still on those.

I’ve done quite a bit with it by this point, and a fair a great deal of that is still baseline maintenance. The overall build is slow going for various reasons.

Truck has survived quite a bit including several half country trips and another from RI to SD in which it performed extremely reliably and was sub 200 degrees all the way til the mountain drop into SD county where it was like 206 degrees….. maybe TMI, just to say that it’s been extremely consistent and reliable at each stage of development and usuage.

I still have so much to do to it. Great trucks tho. Got to take this out to the Oriflamme trail last summer and that was pretty rewarding.

Re arrived in SD last year at this time but we’re previous residents for 12 some years, so I’m semi competently familiar with the region and surroundings.

Thanks

E33D8D1B-5CF1-4C1F-9D72-FB7CC6006F75.jpeg

315841F4-26C2-49AD-9643-D2AE77B4687E.jpeg

FB7D610B-E9EE-492B-9426-5AF1BE515734.jpeg

D5AC0ED3-2D5A-4821-8307-2D305F635786.jpeg

723DD1E5-E12B-4513-A3AF-43C3833218C1.jpeg

Greetings;

97’ collector edition fzj80
Bought at 142K
Presently just beyond 175K

Bought and installed Slee 4” kit w/ the resi struts, medium springs and the metric equivalent of approx 34” I intended to have larger tires (prob still working that direction), but I didn’t hate the in between size and the stance etc, so it is still on those.

I’ve done quite a bit with it by this point, and a fair a great deal of that is still baseline maintenance. The overall build is slow going for various reasons.

Truck has survived quite a bit including several half country trips and another from RI to SD in which it performed extremely reliably and was sub 200 degrees all the way til the mountain drop into SD county where it was like 206 degrees….. maybe TMI, just to say that it’s been extremely consistent and reliable at each stage of development and usuage.

I still have so much to do to it. Great trucks tho. Got to take this out to the Oriflamme trail last summer and that was pretty rewarding.

Re arrived in SD last year at this time but we’re previous residents for 12 some years, so I’m semi competently familiar with the region and surroundings.

Thanks

View attachment 3100568

View attachment 3100569

View attachment 3100570

View attachment 3100571

View attachment 3100572
Welcome (back) to SD! Nice looking truck, looking forward to crossing paths on some trails. 🤙

Big bear or Palomar mountain are options
FYI I've been going to Mt Laguna a bit lately. Not as hot at that elevation, lots of shade, and even had a brief thunderstorm this last time. Burnt Rancheria and Mt Laguna Campground are both nice.

greetings! moved here last july but just now getting to posting:

I have a 06 cruiser. I sold it back in 2020 and bought it back last august.

OME Nitrochargers (changing soon)
Dissent front (ALU)
Warn winch
General Green tire carrier
Delta drop panhard bracket
OWL ASAP flaps
SLEE dual battery with BCDC 1225

I moved down here after getting out of military and worked at Basil's Garage in Vista for about a year. Trying to go back to school now (if the FAA will get back to me).

Was slightly involved in my last group so would love to meet up with yall whenever that happens next. I am in Valley Center.

Got a lot of things to do to the cruiser but still chasing some maintenance items first.

I go to BAJA alot, going next week then the week after.

STOKED!

70459711933__DC4D257F-BF66-4539-B10C-4D16D6A0C56D.jpeg

Nice looking truck

Greetings!

My name is Isaiah, a SD native who’s finally able to move back home 2 years ago.

I’ve grown up with my dad having a 60 series Land Cruiser where he did a diesel swap. My mom had a triple locked 80 series, and that’s where my love began for the LC.

I was an idiot and traded a 80 series triple locked 97 Land Cruiser for a 2014 KTM 300 EXC (dirt bike)… a 20 year olds priorities…

But now I have a 1993 JDM 1HD-T I bought almost 3 years ago

Center diff lock
Odometer was replaced at 100,000km and the new one reads 40,000km.

So far the mods I’ve done:
2.5 In dobinson IMS Lift w/ the caster correction
33’ bfg KO2 tires
Gauge pillar pod to see boost and EGT pressures
BEB replacement
Injectors rebuilt
Viper remote start with alarm and power locks
Stereo system with a sub

Upcoming mods:
Fuel pump rebuild
Campteq RTT(if one comes up for sale in socal)
3rd row seat addition (weld brackets)
Drawer system with a kitchen slide

Anyways nice to meet y’all and here’s my rig!

9EEE9FCD-A5E4-496B-9F3D-0D69FE3AD2F7.jpeg

6D1B99ED-BE70-40C9-8E71-423AE21CA80F.jpeg

A8066126-76E6-4459-8908-07BBB766A600.jpeg

CCD72584-4F8C-4268-B265-9C47B0B741E3.jpeg

89AD767E-0770-4E84-94E6-F0BCB238DA7C.jpeg

Greetings!

My name is Isaiah, a SD native who’s finally able to move back home 2 years ago.

I’ve grown up with my dad having a 60 series Land Cruiser where he did a diesel swap. My mom had a triple locked 80 series, and that’s where my love began for the LC.

I was an idiot and traded a 80 series triple locked 97 Land Cruiser for a 2014 KTM 300 EXC (dirt bike)… a 20 year olds priorities…

But now I have a 1993 JDM 1HD-T I bought almost 3 years ago

Center diff lock
Odometer was replaced at 100,000km and the new one reads 40,000km.

So far the mods I’ve done:
2.5 In dobinson IMS Lift w/ the caster correction
33’ bfg KO2 tires
Gauge pillar pod to see boost and EGT pressures
BEB replacement
Injectors rebuilt
Viper remote start with alarm and power locks
Stereo system with a sub

Upcoming mods:
Fuel pump rebuild
Campteq RTT(if one comes up for sale in socal)
3rd row seat addition (weld brackets)
Drawer system with a kitchen slide

Anyways nice to meet y’all and here’s my rig!

View attachment 3410156

View attachment 3410157

View attachment 3410158

View attachment 3410166

View attachment 3410167
Very cool, look forward to crossing paths!

In Poway. Having a bit of a nightmare with registration re the PO exhaust. On visual inspection, dude will no fly it bc the cats in Monroe kit or whatever. Same shop and same man certified it legit when I registered in state and there has been no configuration change… so I’m pretty stuck there. I have the two cats and two new air sensors etc, but come to find out I cannot use them bc of CA compliance issues; bc it doesn’t have some numbers that are ok here in CA.

So on some Hail Mary action;

does anyone just happen to have a take off exhaust from an 80?

Maybe you upgraded and didn’t trash the old one bc it was beautiful?

Please lemme know.

Im aware this is basically impossible; but one can’t know until they try.

Love the look of the JDM wheels and slight differences of the interior. Look into beach n toys for some resources

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom