Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upon tearing down our 1F, it appears it is not worth fixing. The money we’d have to put into it can get us something better. I’m looking for a 2F, if anyone has one maybe rebuilt at some point that’d be nice. Also interested in a 4spd and maybe t-case. So a whole 2F drivetrain basically.

Toyota 2f engine

Upon tearing down our 1F, it appears it is not worth fixing. The money we’d have to put into it can get us something better. I’m looking for a 2F, if anyone has one maybe rebuilt at some point that’d be nice. Also interested in a 4spd and maybe t-case. So a whole 2F drivetrain basically.

I have 2 4 speed trannys; your choice $50. One long case and one short case. Don't know the differences between them.

No lockers . . . as a policy, can only have 2 unlocked LX at our house at one time.

Prolly still have to replace all the soft tubing and do all preventative stuff/baselining on it too
Probably for the best.

The roof rack and running boards are painted, I wonder if there is a accident in its past. It looks just as nice as yours.

Free Stuff.

Cleaning out shed. Dont want to throw this stuff out.

Located in Wilmington.

1st gen Tundra weatherstripping new in box.
Old OME coils, not sure where from 1 has OME850 on it.
FJ40 hardtop windshield connector piece thingy.

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3412.JPG

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

And id like the hrdtop connector piece thingy :)

Now if @southerncruiser62 was swinging through ILM any time soon this may just work great ;)

Buddy selling his OME lift. Its a 30mm spacer, not a 10. Im am trying to get conformation on the shock numbers. Let me know if anyone is interested.
IMG_2356.JPG

So I know ya'll are gonna think we are crazy. But I think we are going to go big or go home and do a 4BT swap. We know its gonna be significantly more expensive than anything else we could do but it'll be awesome. We have two routes we can take and that will determine what I need
A: 4BT -> NV4500 -> adapter -> Toyota Split T-Case
B: 4BT -> Ranger Overdrive -> Toyota 4-speed -> Toyota Split T-Case

Dont you want to drive it before you graduate high school? :lol:

Caution. Just saying, for 2 grand and 2 weekends work that 2f could be right ght at home plugging away some miles

The 4bt isnt for me in that platform but not to discourage you. Can be done well but thats usually not cheap or quick.

Do you have enough lift for it? If not factor that in as well. From that list i see 8grand and 8mos work. If that fits your desires i say go for it.

So I know ya'll are gonna think we are crazy. But I think we are going to go big or go home and do a 4BT swap. We know its gonna be significantly more expensive than anything else we could do but it'll be awesome. We have two routes we can take and that will determine what I need

Calling @1974FJ

4BT in a 40 is loud, much louder than moonshine. They're amazing engines, but the 40 is very loud compared to the 60.

My vote gets a Ranger Overdrive, Toyota 4 Speed and Split case if you're dead set. Have been reading lots of problems with people keeping the split case fluid separate from the NV4500, which requires a special fluid. That said, @Rice has a NV4500 in his 40 and may have not had the same experience. I will say, I love the NV4500 in Moonshine, but I'm not running the custom adapter that is required for the Toyota transfer case.

I guess my obvious question ......... why?

Regarding trans ..... I have run both a ranger and the NV4500. I ran the ranger behind a mildly built 355 and the NV4500 is behind my now 383. Pro/con list for each .....

Ranger Pro .... Plenty strong, serves as adapter, plenty gear choices, 27% overdrive
Ranger Con ... Didn't like the extra shifter, didn't like the extra loss of torque (i.e. 3 gear boxes rather than 2).

NV4500 Pro ... Plenty strong, granny gear if you need it, 27% overdrive
NV4500 Con .... Needs a gear between 3rd and 4th (Ratio jump is too big ... if I haven't already whooped their a$$ at the end of 3rd gear I'm done ... :hillbilly:), heavy, expensive lube.

I have not had NV4500 leak issues (Have run this tranny for ~12 years)

But again ..... why?

Johnny is not kidding .... Loud.

Last edited:
@jfz80 & @fj40z

Cool, they are y'alls.

Also forgot to mention there is a 22RE timing chain kit from LC Engineering in there too. Brand new.

I'll take the timing chain kit if it can be lumped in with the rest of the stuff

@jfz80 I would love to drive the 40 before I graduate and I plan to, but its a matter of how I get there. Our 1F is toast, and its not really worth putting the money into. I would be happy with a mild 350 in the 40 but the extra torque from a 4BT would be awesome.
@GLTHFJ60 I had not even considered the noise factor, that will be something I will talk to my dad about since he'll be driving it more once i'm off at college. After doing more research the Ranger seems like the simpler path, one question though, will a ranger bolt straight up to a 4BT bellhousing?
@Rice What T-Case do you have behind your NV4500?

House deal fell through - not happy right now . . . excuse was terrible - we are NOT giving them their Due Diligence Fee back - pathetic / weird flaky stuff. We bought new suspension and tires for the '96 after we thought we were done - - I guess the Fee will pay for more than half :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom