Official LX570s Picture Thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New-to-me '16 LX570. 130k miles but wildly clean inside and out for the miles.

I picked it up this week from a dealer in Texas. Atomic Silver, Cabernet leather w/luxury package. Tons of dealer service records, except no evidence of AHC service so that needs to be immediate.

Truck had the black rhino 20" wheels on it already, along with 275/55/20 Toyo AT's. Wheels are not what I would spend my money on, but they actually dont look bad. This is my DD so mods should remain minimal.

Pics shown in high mode.

PS - Shout out to @Kurosawa to putting eyes on this pre-purchase to make sure everything checked out.

View attachment 3183669

View attachment 3183670

View attachment 3183671
Nice buy!!!! Damn that 80!

I picked it up this week from a dealer in Texas. Atomic Silver, Cabernet leather w/luxury package. Tons of dealer service records, except no evidence of AHC service so that needs to be immediate.

Truck had the black rhino 20" wheels on it already, along with 275/55/20 Toyo AT's. Wheels are not what I would spend my money on, but they actually dont look bad. This is my DD so mods should remain minimal.

Pics shown in high mode.

PS - Shout out to @Kurosawa to putting eyes on this pre-purchase to make sure everything checked out.

View attachment 3183669

View attachment 3183670

View attachment 3183671
Nice truck. Does it have wheel spacers? Looks like there is quite a bit of "poke". A quick look at Black Rhino and it looks like that's the "Madagascar" wheel with a +25 offset. That shouldn't stick out that much.

Pics shown in high mode.

View attachment 3183669

View attachment 3183670

View attachment 3183671

Never thought id say this but you’re working that grandpa gold my man!
I almost went atomic silver, despite my love of grey, it has really nice tones to it.

Nice truck. Does it have wheel spacers? Looks like there is quite a bit of "poke". A quick look at Black Rhino and it looks like that's the "Madagascar" wheel with a +25 offset. That shouldn't stick out that much.
Good eye; yes those are the wheels. So oddly enough, the LEXUS dealer records show wheels spacers being removed just recently. Here are better pics to show the stance and fact that there are no spacers visible. I run 1.25" spacers on the 80 so I think I'd notice. At +25, I didn't think they'd sit this far out either so trying to verify if they really are +25.

wheel.jpg

wheel1.jpg

hub.jpg

Good eye; yes those are the wheels. So oddly enough, the LEXUS dealer records show wheels spacers being removed just recently. Here are better pics to show the stance and fact that there are no spacers visible. I run 1.25" spacers on the 80 so I think I'd notice. At +25, I didn't think they'd sit this far out either so trying to verify if they really are +25.

View attachment 3183764

View attachment 3183765

View attachment 3183766

Prob just how +25 looks with no lift. Your rears sit where mine do, your fronts are more pokey.

Great tires btw, dont be too hasty to toss that fitment!

Prob just how +25 looks with no lift. Your rears sit where mine do, your fronts are more pokey.

Great tires btw, dont be too hasty to toss that fitment!
Agreed. I've run these tires before and been happy for DD use. I always thought I'd immediately go to a 17" or 18" wheel but may run these for a bit and use the money elsewhere.

Off topic: I came from an '09 LC200 and frankly feel the throttle mapping on this is too mushy. In Sport mode it's better but I am tempted to try a throttle controller. Have had good luck with that on a prior GX460. Completely changed the driving dynamic.

Agreed. I've run these tires before and been happy for DD use. I always thought I'd immediately go to a 17" or 18" wheel but may run these for a bit and use the money elsewhere.

Off topic: I came from an '09 LC200 and frankly feel the throttle mapping on this is too mushy. In Sport mode it's better but I am tempted to try a throttle controller. Have had good luck with that on a prior GX460. Completely changed the driving dynamic.

Yesss yesss, since you have opened that can of worms…

Post in thread '2015 vs 16+'
2015 vs 16+ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2015-vs-16.1296022/post-14647736

Read my posts there. The 8 spd program needs a heavy foot.
My pedal commander will be installed very soon.

Yesss yesss, since you have opened that can of worms…

Post in thread '2015 vs 16+'
2015 vs 16+ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2015-vs-16.1296022/post-14647736

Read my posts, there. The 8 spd program needs a heavy foot.
Glad I'm not alone with this. My '09 200 felt significantly more "natural" with 34's and armor than this stock LX.

I'm not worried, but I know just how much a pedal commander changed my old GX460; literally a different vehicle after adding that. I'm hopeful it'll have a similar result on the LX but I am surprised and disappointed more folks haven't tried the throttle controllers on the 16+ LX

Yoko’s are on… I almost went to a 37 recon grappler but I refrained even though these weight the exact same as the new 37-11.5-17 recon grappler.

At the end of the day, I’m looking at another few months for gears and the truck already struggles in the rocks with stock gearing and a 35. Also, I’m still contemplating a rear bar and don’t have the space for a 37 in spare in or under the vehicle.

So far I’m loving the new tires, heading out for some deep snow wheeling today and pretty excited to put them through their paces.

As for the toyo at3 they replaced, about a week ago I trashed a sidewall on one of them and the chunking was getting to be ridiculous. So Discount Tire came through, I didn’t have to use my certs and got a full replacement under warranty.

C733BCD7-6236-443E-A44E-15F3B5B5BE57.jpeg

Yoko’s are on… I almost went to a 37 recon grappler but I refrained even though these weight the exact same as the new 37-11.5-17 recon grappler.

At the end of the day, I’m looking at another few months for gears and the truck already struggles in the rocks with stock gearing and a 35. Also, I’m still contemplating a rear bar and don’t have the space for a 37 in spare in or under the vehicle.

So far I’m loving the new tires, heading out for some deep snow wheeling today and pretty excited to put them through their paces.

As for the toyo at3 they replaced, about a week ago I trashed a sidewall on one of them and the chunking was getting to be ridiculous. So Discount Tire came through, I didn’t have to use my certs and got a full replacement under warranty.

View attachment 3184314

Looks awesome 👏

View attachment 3184314
Looks good! Wonder what the measurements are now they on ur rig. I believe last time I checked the width of the tire is 13”.

The 37x11.5 recon might be in the future for me. Just put on 35x11.5 and already thinking 37x11.5.

Pics shown in high mode.

View attachment 3183669

View attachment 3183670

View attachment 3183671
That’s a sharp color!

View attachment 3184314
70ish lbs right? Here is mine on my 64lb C-rated 37's towing my 6,000lb 80 on a ~2,200lb trailer. Had to take it in to get some engine work done.
93E6CB6C-23F6-4F08-8FFD-55682BCBEDEF.jpeg

Last edited:
is that on 18s or 17s?

Blackline 16’+ is a real unicorn too, love it.
They are 17's. Thanks man!

When you have a moment can you measure how tall the tire is both south to north and west to east. Just want to know what the true measurements are.
I'm actually out of the country for another week, but can. According to BFG they are 36.5" tall. Since it's a 7.5" wide wheel the tread is about as wide as it gets although it does have some bulge in the sidewall further towards the wheel. Need to add the front strut spacers and mod the rear lower shock mounts like @MTKID and @Killacaviar. Droop leaves a LOT to be desired!
67DA6495-D2AA-4CCB-BB63-B83232D3F96C.png
C8CF1647-9B08-4F2B-9AB5-5F87CDCF20AA.png
A7C4D75D-FE72-4DAE-90E6-BC3B7E95B7AD.png
9441ABCE-9BAF-4396-9710-9B2382C79D79.png

Last edited:
I'm actually out of the country for another week, but can. According to BFG they are 36.5" tall. Since it's a 7.5" wide wheel the tread is about as wide as it gets although it does have some bulge in the sidewall further towards the wheel. Need to add the front strut spacers and mod the rear lower shock mounts like @MTKID and @Killacaviar. Droop leaves a LOT to be desired!View attachment 3185797View attachment 3185798View attachment 3185801View attachment 3185802
looking real good man! I love your LX, those 37s make the 16+ look proper.

You are correct, yoko’s are 70# on the money. I went up to yankee hill yesterday and got in some deep stuff and they just kept the truck charging forward, the climb from Alice was hairy with all the snow drifts. It was pretty impressive, so I am happy with my decision to stick to a 35 for now.

I’m rubbing again in the front and back with these so, I’ll be making some fender adjustments. I wish I could run a C. unfortunately I have had bad experience with punctures and rather suffer the comfort with a sturdier E.

I lost my front sway bar and dropped to a 24mm front spacer and it seems to be the happy place. No more upper control arm interference.

Lockers and gears are scheduled for March and then I’ll start craving 37s again and hopefully make a decision on a rear bumper.

Here is some droop inspiration for you. Now get that rear shock mount raise when your back in town!

E58F28A7-D411-40C0-8DAA-49140CEE9AC1.jpeg

I lost my front sway bar and dropped to a 24mm front spacer and it seems to be the happy place. No more upper control arm interference.

Interesting. IIRC, you had 30mm worth of spacer originally?

24mm sounds great and hoping that your CVs are going to be in their happy place for the long term. I'm eager to find out the limits of the front end. We've seen LCs with too much front droop destroy CVs. Hopefully can correlate the two to get a better read as to how much is just right.

Interesting. IIRC, you had 30mm worth of spacer originally?

24mm sounds great and hoping that your CVs are going to be in their happy place for the long term. I'm eager to find out the limits of the front end. We've seen LCs with too much front droop destroy CVs. Hopefully can correlate the two to get a better read as to how much is just right.
Correct. 30 to start, I highly doubt a stock arm cruiser will ever produce enough droop to blow out a cv on the down stroke. But who knows. I find the sway bar to be the limiting factor in a substantial way.

30mm and the upper control arm just touched the coil at full droop. I’m hoping that the 24mm will position me between the spring coil. If that’s the case it will actually produce more droop without a front sway bar. Uniball uppers without a sway bar would be the next step.

I think with the front sway bar mounted. Anything over 18mm serves zero purpose in increasing droop.

For what it’s worth. I’ve been beating the hell out of this front end for a few months now and no sign of wear, failure or binding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom