Official LX570s Picture Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

High mode with a slight sensor lift, 275 60 r20’s and 0.75” spacers (should have got 1”)

5F9E0170-1A1B-419A-A219-B2F9EF06BECA.jpeg

9.1 MPG aint bad for 8k towing. I seem to only get around 8. What speed do you drive at?

Agreed especially as it's on 35s. I was mostly between 65-70MPH.

I find it's less about weight (unless major hills ), than aero and winds. The Airstreams rounded corners I believe help. Though my setup has also taken ~.5-1MPG hit in efficiency over my previous setup with 33s and stock gearing. That combo created a magic 4.5 gear, with lower engine windage losses.

Recently added a Sherpa Blanca roof rack, Bush Co. 270 XT Max awning, and started the de-chroming process. Awning will only be used for camping trips and removed otherwise. De-chroming is fun if you like to rip your hands up and play with clips. I completed the sides of the vehicle - replaced the front and middle belt moldings with black LC parts; plasti-dipped the belt molding behind the c-pillar black; and removed and painted the lower door moldings and all 4 door handles body color - big thanks to @TN LX570 's youtube video on door handle removal which was a huge help. I'm thinking of leaning into the old man gold and painting all the remaining chrome the same OMG color.

IMG_8787.jpeg

IMG_8817.jpeg

IMG_8798.jpeg

Recently added a Sherpa Blanca roof rack, Bush Co. 270 XT Max awning, and started the de-chroming process. Awning will only be used for camping trips and removed otherwise. De-chroming is fun if you like to rip your hands up and play with clips. I completed the sides of the vehicle - replaced the front and middle belt moldings with black LC parts; plasti-dipped the belt molding behind the c-pillar black; and removed and painted the lower door moldings and all 4 door handles body color - big thanks to @TN LX570 's youtube video on door handle removal which was a huge help. I'm thinking of leaning into the old man gold and painting all the remaining chrome the same OMG color.

View attachment 3046707

View attachment 3046714

View attachment 3046711
We are testing a cheap Thule awning on stock rack. I will be curious to see how you like the Bush Company- by others’ accounts, it appears to be at or near the top of line for ease of use…

View attachment 3046707

View attachment 3046714

View attachment 3046711

One thing I've been wondering lately is what considerations go into choosing driver side vs passenger side awning. I think I've mostly seen driver side. Any insight why you chose passenger side? I could see minor benefits to either choice, but nothing really sticks out as a major compelling reason either way.

One thing I've been wondering lately is what considerations go into choosing driver side vs passenger side awning. I think I've mostly seen driver side. Any insight why you chose passenger side? I could see minor benefits to either choice, but nothing really sticks out as a major compelling reason either way.

One thing I've read and what I'm considering for my own set up is rooftop tent orientation. If you have a tent that opens to either side with ladder, etc it would necessitate your awning operation going on the opposite side of the vehicle.

The best would be ‘off the road’ (passenger side).
I had a driver side 270, did this so the swingout on the rear bumper (passenger side) wouldn’t be in the way.
But it would have been better on the passenger side even if it conflicted more with the swingout.

View attachment 3046707

View attachment 3046714

View attachment 3046711
I would love to see some more photos of the Sherpa Rack on the LX! I’m struggling making a decision. Not really a fan of roof racks but time has proved we need the added storage space.

My concern with the Sherpa is how close the fairing sits to the windshield.

I would love to see some more photos of the Sherpa Rack on the LX! I’m struggling making a decision. Not really a fan of roof racks but time has proved we need the added storage space.

My concern with the Sherpa is how close the fairing sits to the windshield.
What's the concern about the Sherpa being close to the windshield? I've had the Sherpa rack since release and have been happy with it.
PXL_20220428_183831116.jpg

What's the concern about the Sherpa being close to the windshield? I've had the Sherpa rack since release and have been happy with it.View attachment 3049879
It’s not a concern I’m regards to it’s utility value. I have no doubt its a better made option than prinsu and they were providing this style for 3rd gens way before the prinsu release. The photos present on their website (on a lc200) make the fairing look “awkward”. Particularly how it sits on the roof of the truck.

I appreciate the pic you posted. A black rack on a dark truck seems to do the trick. It looks great on the LX.

It’s funny when I had my Lc200 I wanted everything to look oldschool and utilitarian as possible (Arb, front runner etc). Now that I moved into an LX, I think the subtle differences lend themselves to a more modern look ( dissent, prinsu/Sherpa, modern wheels etc).

Thanks again. When I get my suspension sorted, I’ll probably be taking a similar armor route as yourself. Great looking truck.

Seems to be personal preference when I looked into it. The only real "benefits" of mounting passenger that I could come up with is if you pull off the trail you're more likely to be on the right side and thus you aren't extending your awning back into the trail. Otherwise it seemed like the general consensus was just to mount your awning on whichever side of the vehicle your fridge was on to help it cool (although I can't imagine that would matter a ton if you have a decent tint on your windows). I have the Gamiviti awning receivers on both sides of my vehicle so I can easily switch from one side to the other depending on the situation, or easily take it off entirely if I know I won't be using it for a while. Best of all worlds.

Virtually all campsites in north america are setup for vehicle access off the passenger side. If you spend time in official campsites, a passenger side awning may be important to you.

Virtually all campsites in north america are setup for vehicle access off the passenger side. If you spend time in official campsites, a passenger side awning may be important to you.
This 100% and I know it all too well, a potential pitfall of importing a camper from South Africa or Australia.

This 100% and I know it all too well, a potential pitfall of importing a camper from South Africa or Australia.
I need to know more about why you would import a camper from south africa or australia, what am i missing?

I need to know more about why you would import a camper from south africa or australia, what am i missing?
There is no one in the US building anything as rugged as Australian Kimberly’s or South African Conquerors. We don’t often pull into an established camp ground but when we do the picnic table better be movable or we’re cooking on the opposite side of where we’re eating.

There is no one in the US building anything as rugged as Australian Kimberly’s or South African Conquerors. We don’t often pull into an established camp ground but when we do the picnic table better be movable or we’re cooking on the opposite side of where we’re eating.
i officially have a new want/need

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom