Official LX570s Picture Thread (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went "green laning" with a small overland bound group near Verdun, France and had a great time driving to visit the Maginot Line and some WWI sites.

20220604_141238.jpg
20220604_114757.jpg
20220604_125304.jpg
20220604_173820.jpg
20220605_085326.jpg

The next day travelled a couple hours over mostly dirt and visited the Fermont Fortress. Hats off to all you submariners out there... That thing was huge and I still would have lost my mind spending months down there at a time trying to defend it. On my way home I followed the green lanes as long as I could and snapped a picture in front of a WWII pillbox while throwing in some extra. It's amazing how much history people live in here in Europe.

20220605_165114.jpg

20220605_144018.jpg
20220605_153954.jpg
20220605_174848.jpg
20220605_175427.jpg

Pretty minor as far as mods go, and nowhere near the builds that others do that I am jealous of, but once I found out that for the 16+ LX's you had to drop the headliner for a proper roofrack, I completely abandoned that idea. Today, I installed the Thule EVO crossbars. The instructions were so-so, but I had watched a few videos before they arrived, and the parts seem very well made and fit together very well. It can't be too bad if an idiot like me can do it in an hour or so.

Don't know what I am going to carry yet. Could be a storage box, could be kayaks, could be other. But I have options now, and this is vain, but I think it makes the vehicle look better.

Front roof.jpg

20220609_162254.jpg

20220609_162310.jpg

I called Prinsu support and asked for their advise on which bracket to use... theirs, OVS's or a combinations of the two. The guy I spoke with never mentioned anything about the awning being too heavy for the rails and I told him exactly what I had and what I was planning on doing. Now, there's a ~20lb difference between the OVS 180 and OVS 270... maybe that's why? I dunno.
I can tell you that it's up there pretty darn solid using the supplied OVS brackets (which are beefy lol). I'm not worried about it.
What awnings does prinsu recommend?

Got back from a 1k mile roadtrip swilling some of the finest $6.90/gallon gasoline money can buy. At 9.1 MPG, expensive but worth it.

Maiden journey after a once over on the AHC system. Replacing shocks, accumulators, and fluids. This included modification of the AHC shocks for additional sensor lift (1.5"F, 1"R) while increased overall suspension travel by the same amounts (+1.5" F, 1" R). Ride was as good as ever but not a huge difference as my AHC system was in good working order prior. There was more movement of the vehicle all around which I attribute to the taller sensor lift, incremental change in suspension geometry, and higher COG, but she still towed the 8k load with confidence and stability. Now that I've shaken the setup down, will write up the mods shortly.

Didn't get to off-roading at all, but that'll be the next trip.

1655749814894.png

Got back from a 1k mile roadtrip swilling some of the finest $6.90/gallon gasoline money can buy. At 9.1 MPG, expensive but worth it.

Maiden journey after a once over on the AHC system. Replacing shocks, accumulators, and fluids. This included modification of the AHC shocks for additional sensor lift (1.5"F, 1"R) while increased overall suspension travel by the same amounts (+1.5" F, 1" R). Ride was as good as ever but not a huge difference as my AHC system was in good working order prior. There was more movement of the vehicle all around which I attribute to the taller sensor lift, incremental change in suspension geometry, and higher COG, but she still towed the 8k load with confidence and stability. Now that I've shaken the setup down, will write up the mods shortly.

View attachment 3039021
Ooooo! Can't wait to hear the rundown on this one!

Lookin good! I'm getting ready to put on sliders myself, but I've always been curious how my rig would fare without the steps and just relying on the AHC protectors. Would love to hear your experience in this intermediary phase.
I am putting no faith in the AHC protectors at this point. Went up to Verdi Peak this weekend in NorCal and took only one bypass over a particularly treacherous section only because I had no true sliders. The AHC again shows its value with the added height on demand. I personally cannot stand the running boards/side steps and I like the look with them removed...with that being said I am fully ready to put on the sliders. Hope this helps!

View attachment 3039021
did you have the AHC shocks and accumulators replaced at the dealership?

did you have the AHC shocks and accumulators replaced at the dealership?

This might answer your question? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom