Official LX570s Picture Thread (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked it up used in Birmingham AL and drive it to Troy MI in 12 hours. Will replace all fluids, tune-up, etc. and put 17" TRD on it. Not sure which tire. Previous owner upgraded the lights to Xenon and was regularly maintained at Lexus dealer. Very clean, non-smoker, probably driven by a women.

View attachment 2622972
Nice!! I picked up mine in Al in January and drove back to Chicagoland. Congrats! Looks super clean and color is fantastic!

I am officially a 200 series owner!

I have been on this forum for a few years. I researched and read and watched videos, I test drove both the LC and the LX about 4 years ago. I knew it was right for me, but I needed prices on the 2016+ models to drop before I could get one. My vehicle was a Sequoia Platinum as my daily driver. I loved that beast, but figured I had another year before the 2016 200 models were in my range.

Well, on 11/30/20, I was rear ended at some speed by a commercial box truck. The driver had some sort of medical event that caused it. My wife and I walked away. Actually, the beast was drivable. I drove it to the nearest body shop. But the damage was massive and she was declared a total loss.

It took more than 2 months to wrestle my insurance company into a fair settlement, but I got it. And this beauty came up with perfect maintenance history and all. I am so pleased. I rented a car and drove 260 miles to get her. 2017:

View attachment 2578272

View attachment 2578273

And drove her home yesterday.

To do list:
Order remote control and covers for DVD screens- did this morning.
Received and installed.
It is at 60,000 miles and the AHC is on the maintenance schedule. Talk to a dealer about it.
Done. My local dealer is excellent. Vehicle was pristine underneath and I got the AHC service done. Also got differential fluid changed and brake fluid.

I have 18" black Tundra wheels, figure out which tire I want - 285-60/18 in a P Michelin LTX? Or 285-65/18 in an LT maybe a KO2? I am unsure what the trade off in ride quality will be. Better because 21 to 18, but worse because aggressive tread and P vs LT. Any advice here would be appreciated.
After a lot of reading and research, I went with Toyo Open Country AT3 in a LT 275/70r18 on these Tundra wheels. Took longer to get them than I wished, but done today.

0326211455.jpg

They are at 36psi as recommended by Gaigin.

And I must say for anyone now or in the future looking. If you are on the fence about ride quality going from the P rated 21 to LT rated 18, don't be.

I was blown away that the ride is even better. That extra rubber makes a far bigger difference than the stiffer sidewall. I am just tickled at how great they are. The only small downside is a little more noise above 50mph, but only because I was listening for it. Windows closed and music on it won't be noticeable to me. They are so wonderful.

Oh, the other thing I added were Weather tech wind deflectors in the windows. They are OK. Look nice, but also add a little noise at highway speeds. But they are functional for rain.

Next is alignment tomorrow at dealer.

Next thing to research and book is a ceramic coating. And then to NH undercoating.

And then drawers.

Thanks all. I love this community as a resource.

Digging the roof rack delete, also you gotta share more pics of the new setup all done. Looks like you've got the big boys under there right?

No, just my summer tires/wheels 285/75/17 (although I had a set of RW powder coated gold just for the fun of it) and it’s sitting at AHC normal 🥺 Haven’t had much time to work on it. But I have been cleaning up the garage so when I get time I may be a little more productive 🤷🏻‍♂️

@dubyahard yes, rural Montana/Wyoming highways 👌🏼

Last edited:
No, just my summer tires/wheels 285/75/17 (although I had a set of RW powder coated gold just for the fun of it) and it’s sitting at AHC normal 🥺 Haven’t had much time work on it. But I have been cleaning up the garage so when I get time I may be a little more productive 🤷🏻‍♂️
@MTKID continues to soft pedal his awesome body lift

Slogged from San Diego to Phoenix today in wind, continuous uphill grades, and 70 MPH. 8.7 MPG which I consider a win given conditions.

1616893610262.png

Slogged from San Diego to Phoenix today in wind, continuous uphill grades, and 70 MPH. 8.7 MPG which I consider a win given conditions.

I barley have enough guts to go 70 with my RTT 😂😬😳

I barley have enough guts to go 70 with my RTT 😂😬😳

Arizona big rigs fly at 70-75 mph so I'm compelled not to be a roadblock for them. Runs good at that speed, if a bit thirsty. In contrast to CA 55mph towing laws where most articulated rigs travel at low 60ish. Effectively stock gearing with 35s feels on point!

Nice picture! It's sad the coastal commission is planning on closing Psmo.
Yeah, I have heard about this. I need to get down there before it closes. Three years right?

Does anyone have new ideas for LX570 running board replacement options? Rock slider steps that look fairly stock? Would love to see some pics!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom